restarting low carb... can anyone give me tasty ideas?!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Riverford rock, we used to have their boxes but now I care for my folks they complained about the weird and wonderful so I stopped them. One day though...... om nom noms. More taste than supermarket stuff for sure.

Ali

Love the weird and wonderful. beetroot soup. also leek and sweet potato tho neither are LC.

I could eat a scabby something right now.

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes we do too but old people ..... if they don't see cabbage, carrots and caulis freak out!

Ali

Reactions: 2 people

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
Bfast: Bullet proof coffee
Dinner: Kippers 0g and half a tomatoe 1.4g total carbs = 1.4g

iHs

I always say "load up on healthy fats". But I am finding that is not so easy for a T1. Fat seems to push up the carb ratios and maybe the basal rate. I may have to look into TAG.

I found that as well....eating almonds, cream cheese, full fat yogurt work as low carb appetite satisifier but does nothing for cholesterol levels and forme, made LDL increase. Since leaving off the nuts, butter, cream cheese, my bodyweight is decreasing a bit and my basal as well. I still try go eat low carb but cut back on the fats and eat more veg instead.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My fave atm is frittata ... pan, coconut oil, onion softened, then whatever ... mushroom, tomato, bacon pieces, wait a minute, then spinach and sprinkle of cheese, beaten eggs with butter poured on top, cook it for a couple of minutes then finish under the grill.

Reactions: 4 people

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Lovely. Asparagus season soon too. I did us all omelette and salad for lunch. The rest of the day has been a LCHF disaster but we won't talk about that lol. I have had a lousy week, tomorrow is another day.

Ali

Reactions: 4 people

iHs

I sometimes make a 2 large egg, mushroom and kale omelette which is nice with a tomatoe and Ive found that using the Vibe basal rates, I dont need to bolus.

Today, Ive had some diced up iceburg lettuce, diced cucumber, 1/2 crispy sweet apple diced, 2dsp of olive oil mixed into 1dsp of salad cream and a ready cooked peppered mackerel. Didnt bolus as apple doesnt really affect my bg Tasted ok

Reactions: 5 people

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Chia seed pudding. Sweetener of choice. Cocoa powder and milf

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Andbreathe, I'm already hot on Ocado as they are so good at delivering, I found Riverford veg do a 'less roots' box as well which is really handy. Even got celeriac in there :)

Thank you for this link!!! :D:D:D