Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
What the hell is a liver dump

Just do a search on it .... there is a HUGE amount of info on that very topic on this forum. Why it occurs, what it does etc etc.

The simple reply is the morning release of glucose into your system ... also know as the dawn phenomenon

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
My current favorite is a corned beef and spinach omelette with chilli coated goats cheese crumbled over it. Lush :)
Wow, my perfect breakfast!! Thank you tim2000s... :)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Microwave muffin! Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil.... beat an egg into it.... add 2 tbsp milled flax seed.... 1 tbsp of ground almonds (almond flour).... 1/4 tsp baking powder.... salt to taste, and I add the tip of a teaspoon of xanthan gum as it gives your 'bread' lightness and texture, although it is nice without it too... I cook it in the microwave for 2 minutes in a large coffee cup - the type that look like a small soup bowl - and I take it out straight away and stand it on a folded piece of kitchen paper - it tends to be a bit damp on the bottom otherwise... I often add a tbsp of Philly too... you can grate cheese into it and all sorts... I slice and toast it too, it's nicer I think... if you toast it really thin it makes a sort of cracker too... :)
Excellent...nom nom nom yum

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Ahhh... unfortunately Clive, since I posted this I have had to cut down the flax - it doesn't suit my Ulcerative Colitis... You know, I don't know why I keep giving it capital letters; since I've been LCHF it's almost disappeared! No more caps for it... :) I am now adding a little more almond and topping it up with ground pumpkin and sunflower seed - and I add a few sesame seeds and shelled hemp seeds, which are lovely... :) I won't give up on it... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm also going to try parboiling, cooling, boiling a fraction more, cooling and then roasting potatoes in coconut oil - a brain-wave from someone who posted on the other thread... if the carbs reduce with cooking and cooling in pasta, they maybe do in roasties - no? :) I will be home on Wednesday and will try it on Thursday and let you know when I've tested.. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Ahhh... unfortunately Clive, since I posted this I have had to cut down the flax - it doesn't suit my Ulcerative Colitis... You know, I don't know why I keep giving it capital letters; since I've been LCHF it's almost disappeared! No more caps for it... :) I am now adding a little more almond and topping it up with ground pumpkin and sunflower seed - and I add a few sesame seeds and shelled hemp seeds, which are lovely... :) I won't give up on it... :)
Adapt an enjoy ::))

pensionistamike

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just read the article about the alleged harmful effects of Statins .I have just been prescribed a Product
called Atorvastatina (I live in Spain) to assist me to lose weight.........it just seems a bit odd as my
Cholesterol is fine. anyone any ideas why......I don feel inclined to take them now.
I am a 76 year old Type 2....
--

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just read the article about the alleged harmful effects of Statins .I have just been prescribed a Product
called Atorvastatina (I live in Spain) to assist me to lose weight.........it just seems a bit odd as my
Cholesterol is fine. anyone any ideas why......I don feel inclined to take them now.
I am a 76 year old Type 2....
--
Hii pensionistamike... that's a mouthful!! I had no idea statins could help you lose weight? How odd... I think I'd be doubtful about taking them too - especially if my cholesterol was ok... difficult for you... Do you low-carb? It's the fastest and nicest way to lose weight that we know... :) Maybe you could try it for a week or two and see how you go before you take medication? Check out the 'What have you eaten today?' thread... it's fun as well as informative... we have some very clever and informed people on there... :) And some truly lovely meal ideas - we even have recipes for cake... which, you have to admit, is a very good thing... :joyful: You can chat any time you like to us.... welcome... :)

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My doc told me that the statins help lower your cholesterol.
He said ( the doc) that the metformin helped to lose the weight. :confused:

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
First time I've heard of statins used to lower weight ......

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My doc told me that the statins help lower your cholesterol.
He said ( the doc) that the metformin helped to lose the weight. :confused:
Hi Amanda61...I read recently that metformin helps you lose weight.... my little old mum is certainly getting tinier and tinier.... Did you find it made you lose weight?

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Amanda61...I read recently that metformin helps you lose weight.... my little old mum is certainly getting tinier and tinier.... Did you find it made you lose weight?
I am losing weight but wasn't sure whether it was the diet or the tablet. Maybe
It's both working together. I certainly feel tonnes better.

Reactions: 4 people

smithy_90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Fruit and Fiber and a bowl of natural low fat yogurt seems to do the trick for me :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am losing weight but wasn't sure whether it was the diet or the tablet. Maybe
It's both working together. I certainly feel tonnes better.
That's really heartening... Well done... :)

diabeticjedi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is (sadly) the reason why I dismiss any dietary advice given to me by my doc and nurse.

They can give this diet advice out because they haven't got a clue how much it spikes my blood glucose (2 slices of wholemeal sends my blood glucose up from 6.1 to 12.7 in 2 hours and takes 3 more hours to return to normal).

Thank heavens for my trusty blood glucose meter. It has taught me so much.
been trying oats so simple and its really good.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been trying oats so simple and its really good.
Good morning... Unfortunately oats are a grain and spike most diabetics badly - they are full of carbs... like wheat... are you low-carbing? Did you test your BG after eating it? Sorry, I sound bossy!! I am just wondering how you are getting on with porridge? :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fruit and Fiber and a bowl of natural low fat yogurt seems to do the trick for me :)
Good morning... Are you low-carbing? Do you test your BG after eating cereal? It's not usually a good way to go, especially with dried fruit in it... :) Try the forum thread, 'What have you eaten today?' or 'What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?'.... you will be surprised what you can learn about your diabetes...