Snacks and Munchies - Lend me Your Best!

Yeknodathon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pork scratchings, baked kale yes yes keep them coming...hmmmm something cheesy

Many thanks for the ideas

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Not crunchy, but ideal for on the go - mini babybel cheese, fullfat orignal or my favourite goat.

G

gemma6549

Celery or carrots with humous
Edamame beans
Nuts
Kale chips
Also love snacking on cooked green beans

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried drying kale? I have just discovered it I never craved sweet things but I could kill for crisps ! I coat the kale leaves lightly with oil and season with salt then spread onto a baking sheet or tray and cook in the oven until they are crispy ,you can add chilli powder or curry powder also for more of a kick .It is also good crumbled like seaweed on chinese meals
CAROL

I finally got round to trying this today and j have to say it is without a doubt the worst thing i have ever put in my mouth!!! It tasted like dirt, don't know if I did it wrong, but followed what you said in this post and I wanted to cry when I put it in my mouth lol I'll stick to having it in salads n what not haha

Yeknodathon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried baked kale for first time as well: crispy, slightly bitter but seasoned with salt, pepper and thyme. Reminded me of seaweed. For me not the worst experience ever, not the best so will experiment. I think grated hard Italian cheese would improve.

I now have a pork scratchings addiction. Bother.
;

Reactions: 2 people