Of all days!....

cazza54

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Turnips and Tuna fish!
...to get an error on my blood glucose meter! I got a flashing E-9 as soon as I put the strip in this morning. A quick search on the Internet and I discovered it meant it needed new batteries.

So a mad panic ensued trying to find something with the right kind of batteries in it. Ended up having to raid the kitchen scales! So I can't weigh food today, but I could take my BG readings. Surprisingly my morning reading was 6.0 which is my lowest ever.

I have been on Victoza for just over a week, and it has brought me into the normal range for the first time ever. 2 weeks ago I was getting from 11 to 17 when I got out of bed!

I am driving to my parents today, so am so relieved that I can now check before leaving the house and while I am out.

Regards,

Carol

Reactions: 6 people

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
is your meter a nano i had one and found that they dont like the cold weather just like a car battery so sometimes you can warm them in your hand and you might get a few more tests out of them. but i bought a spare meter from amazom only about £7 and some spare battery s 75p a pair.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
...to get an error on my blood glucose meter! I got a flashing E-9 as soon as I put the strip in this morning. A quick search on the Internet and I discovered it meant it needed new batteries.

So a mad panic ensued trying to find something with the right kind of batteries in it. Ended up having to raid the kitchen scales! So I can't weigh food today, but I could take my BG readings. Surprisingly my morning reading was 6.0 which is my lowest ever.

I have been on Victoza for just over a week, and it has brought me into the normal range for the first time ever. 2 weeks ago I was getting from 11 to 17 when I got out of bed!

I am driving to my parents today, so am so relieved that I can now check before leaving the house and while I am out.

Regards,

Carol
If the battery is a small, flat one, like a coin, you can probably pick one up from the battery display in Tesco, Wilko or anywhere selling Duracells. They're only a few pennies, and are usually sold in pairs, so you'll have a spare.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you found a quick fix!

Battery packs usually have a long shelf life (several years) so it's always worth having a spare or two. I usually get mine from ebay, and try to remember to get a new pack each time I open the current one - for batteries I'm definitely a belt and braces person!

Robbity

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Batteries in meters are usually CR2032. You can get these in pound shops or on ebay for a few pounds. The ones from pound shops may not last as long, but you can usually get 8 on a card.

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can u not get the battery's from the manufacturer I have an accu chek expert and I get my battery's from accu chek never brought one my self

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have an Accu Chek Nano and every 3 months I request some calibrating fluid and new batteries for.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I order them in packs of 2 from Tescos.
They arrive with the grocery shopping (you can get postage stamps at the same time, which is marvellous!).

I try and keep an unopened pack at all times - because I too had to raid the kitchen scales a few months ago.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On Amazon, they're under £2 for 2. The big supermarket, probably a few pennies more, but available today.

Would you really go to the battery supplier for consumables like this?

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't go to the battery supplier I would go to the meter supplier though for battery for my meter. Accu chek do batterys, control solution
Diaries all sorts

Reactions: 2 people

cazza54

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Turnips and Tuna fish!
Thank you everyone. I was able to make do yesterday by stealing the batteries out of the kitchen scales. I went to Tesco's today to replace that, and ordered some more from Amazon, so I won't get caught out again.

The meter is a Aviva Nano, so thank you Caretaker for the tip about warming it in my hands. I have added that gem to my Evernote account so as to be able to look it up at a later date.

Carol

Reactions: 2 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you everyone. I was able to make do yesterday by stealing the batteries out of the kitchen scales. I went to Tesco's today to replace that, and ordered some more from Amazon, so I won't get caught out again.

The meter is a Aviva Nano, so thank you Caretaker for the tip about warming it in my hands. I have added that gem to my Evernote account so as to be able to look it up at a later date.

Carol
Have you registered your Aviva Nano because you can order batteries, calibrating fluid and record books f.o.c inc
postage, every 3 months. It couldn't be easier log in, click what you want and then it arrives a couple of days later.

cazza54

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Turnips and Tuna fish!
Thank you, Daphne. I have now registered and ordered the supplies. :)

Carol