What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you eat peas, carrot and sweetcorn? They spike me, they are full of carbs - and hash browns is potato, no? Full of carbs too... :( But one of the guys on here had 26 peas once - made it the 'pea' standard for a bit... This forum is fun... :)
Hi @Susikav, im ok if i only have a few peas, sweetcorn and carrots occassionally - not sure how many so might need to count them next time ;). My cauliflower hash brown is just cauli rice microwaved, add a beaten egg, mix, form into a hash brown shape :hilarious: and shallow fry in butter - not a potato in sight! :D

Reactions: 6 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got the recipe off this forum:

Cheese and Almond Bread
Makes 1lb loaf

10 1/2 oz (300g) ground Almonds
1tsp baking powder
2oz butter
5 1/2 ozs (155g) grated cheese
3 beaten eggs

Combine all ingredients in food processor or bowl, quite a stiff mixture, place in loaf tin.
Bake at 180º 50mins

I hadn't had any bread for a couple of months when I had it first, so was just over the moon to have something to spread butter on! But I think it's delicious. I went away for the weekend recently and took a couple of loaves with me, and everyone there loved it and asked for the recipe. It's so quick and easy, too, and my blood sugar stays rock solid after I eat it.

Looks easy enough although I haven't got a food mixer, I've got a hand mixer stick thing, would that do it? And would it work without the cheese?

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Errrr.....do you know something I don't
...... On stopping your insulin.

(Unless there's something deep seated you need to say?

Have a seat over there >>>>>>. Make yourself comfy. I'm all ears. :pompous:

;))

Reactions: 4 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. 2 boiled eggs, 2 bacon.
L. Veg soup, 2 breakfast balls.
S. 1 slice toast - weaning myself off after last weekend.
D. Pork steak, 2 fried eggs, butternut squash mash followed by jelly n cream. Bg post 2h 6.0.
S. small bar 85% choc

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
B - Coffee & Cream
D - Tuna salad
T - bashed some chicken breasts put some tomato purée on then grated cheese & pepperoni and had a slice of garlic bread with it mmmm so nice, feel like nigella when I make this, ha!

Someone brought a bag of M&M's into work today... I may have eaten some of them also..

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
B. 2 boiled eggs, 2 bacon.
L. Veg soup, 2 breakfast balls.
S. 1 slice toast - weaning myself off after last weekend.
D. Pork steak, 2 fried eggs, butternut squash mash followed by jelly n cream. Bg post 2h 6.0.
S. small bar 85% choc

What is a breakfast ball please?

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What is a breakfast ball please?
Hi @Mrsass, trying to find the recipe but no luck so far. Its basically a meatball. The original recipe was I think was a mix of pork and beef and contained cheese. I dont like cheese so mine is just beef mince, onion, pepper and an egg to bind. Make into small balls, oven cook, cool and freeze. Handy for a dose of protein and fat with no carbs. Not sure who posted originally, might have been @Brunneria who may be able to tell you where the recipe link is :)

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Mrsass, trying to find the recipe but no luck so far. Its basically a meatball. The original recipe was I think was a mix of pork and beef and contained cheese. I dont like cheese so mine is just beef mince, onion, pepper and an egg to bind. Make into small balls, oven cook, cool and freeze. Handy for a dose of protein and fat with no carbs. Not sure who posted originally, might have been @Brunneria who may be able to tell you where the recipe link is :)

I couldn't really read that properly coz I couldn't past the 'I don't like cheese'

I think it sounds nice I'll re read once my shock goes away, thank you

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I couldn't really read that properly coz I couldn't past the 'I don't like cheese'

I think it sounds nice I'll re read once my shock goes away, thank you
Hehe @Mrsass I know :rolleyes: its somewhat strange:sour: and since being diagnosed with diabetes i actually wish i liked cheese, eating low carb high fat would be so much easier! But smell :doctor:! Taste:bigtears: just cant do it:facepalm: and that is all cheese:yuck:

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks easy enough although I haven't got a food mixer, I've got a hand mixer stick thing, would that do it? And would it work without the cheese?

I hand mix it - it's not hard. If you didn't add the cheese I think you'd have to replace it with something - maybe more fat of some kind? i use hard goat cheese.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
...... On stopping your insulin.

(Unless there's something deep seated you need to say?

Have a seat over there >>>>>>. Make yourself comfy. I'm all ears. :pompous:

;))

I "came out" with my DN last week :)
She was surprised because without me saying anything she couldn't tell from my logbook, we have 3 different nurses and she is the better one who is on my side and doesn't moan at any changes I make (which none should do) as its your body, up to you what you do or don't do with it!
So yes already out, reassess in 3 months

Reactions: 9 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I "came out" with my DN last week :)
She was surprised because without me saying anything she couldn't tell from my logbook, we have 3 different nurses and she is the better one who is on my side and doesn't moan at any changes I make (which none should do) as its your body, up to you what you do or don't do with it!
So yes already out, reassess in 3 months
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

MsButtercup

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Keep them coming!

Today:
Breakfast: flaxseed and almond flour cinnamon muffins.
Lunch: roast beef with cabbage and carrots
Dinner: lamb neck with asparagus and mashed cauli

I know this is old but do you have a recipe for those muffins? They sound yummy!

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday:

B: 2 boiled eggs
L: barbecue: black farmer sausages, mini burger, Halloumi, mushrooms, onion, cauli cheese, tomato, salad leaves, dollop of aioli.
D: scrambled egg with onion, mushroom, cheddar, red pepper, bit of sweet corn, served with steamed yellow sprouting broccoli (a new one for me, in the veg box this week - was delicious).
Snack: handful almonds.

MsButtercup

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Yesterday:

B: 2 boiled eggs
L: barbecue: black farmer sausages, mini burger, Halloumi, mushrooms, onion, cauli cheese, tomato, salad leaves, dollop of aioli.
D: scrambled egg with onion, mushroom, cheddar, red pepper, bit of sweet corn, served with steamed yellow sprouting broccoli (a new one for me, in the veg box this week - was delicious).
Snack: handful almonds.

This sounds so yummy! Do you find this has a good effect on your blood sugar?

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This sounds so yummy! Do you find this has a good effect on your blood sugar?

Must confess I don't test religiously unless I know I've been a bit carby. But when I do test after meals such as these, it's never been any higher than the mid 6's (and would presumably be lower if I dropped the bit of sweetcorn). Low carbing really works well for me.

MsButtercup

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Must confess I don't test religiously unless I know I've been a bit carby. But when I do test after meals such as these, it's never been any higher than the mid 6's (and would presumably be lower if I dropped the bit of sweetcorn). Low carbing really works well for me.

I'm new to this, so really am pretty clueless! I would like to give low carb a go and see how it works for me; I just struggle putting meals together!

Status
Not open for further replies.