Really fed up today

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Normally a very upbeat person , am currently feeling very down with yet another bad UTI . Doctor rang me this morning to say that my urine sample contained nitrates so its off to the lab to determine what infection , where it is and the best antibiotics to use . Drinking loads of water which is adding to the very frequent toilet trips , lost count today but suffice to say I daren't stray far ! I guess being older adds to the complications of these blasted infections but as a carer to my disabled husband , I just cant be poorly, its not an option ! Sorry, just needed a moan as I`m feeling pants, pardon the pun ;)

Reactions: 2 people
C

catherinecherub

Hope your Doctor lets you know the results soon and that you start to feel better with some treatment/advice.

You cannot help being ill and with a disabled husband who needs you it makes it more difficult.

I think you need some hugs ((((()))))

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you for the hugs , I needed them , Doc says the results will be back on Wednesday :)

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Normally a very upbeat person , am currently feeling very down with yet another bad UTI . Doctor rang me this morning to say that my urine sample contained nitrates so its off to the lab to determine what infection , where it is and the best antibiotics to use . Drinking loads of water which is adding to the very frequent toilet trips , lost count today but suffice to say I daren't stray far ! I guess being older adds to the complications of these blasted infections but as a carer to my disabled husband , I just cant be poorly, its not an option ! Sorry, just needed a moan as I`m feeling pants, pardon the pun ;)
Really feel for you. I have had my fair share of UTI's and they make you feel so miserable.

Take care.

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you , back ache is a bummer, but hopefully will improve when I get the right treatment , the weather is far too lovely to sit inside and feel sorry for myself ;)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hope you feel better soon. UTIs are a nuisance - another one who used to get 2/3 a year on a regular basis. Keep drinking the water :)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
when i had them I tried cranberry juice and also drank lots of water....hope it clears up fast for you I know they are painfull :bigtears:

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you , I got my results on Wednesday showing a nasty infection , the Doctor gave me trimethoprim , but so far not a lot of improvement, back to the Docs on Monday at this rate :(

Reactions: 2 people

redtree92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

oooooWww,

I really hope you are feeling better soon ! Its so so so hard sometimes, try and keep your chin up (I know how annoying it is to hear that haha) sending love and hugs to you xxx your not alone :) xxx