My Pump Tomorrow

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I hope things go well for you masonbason with your Insight pump.

I used the Disetronic Dtron for about 10 years and it was a great pump without any bells and whistles but having all the gizmos to use on the new pumps is brilliant. Good luck swapping over :)

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I'm now just avoiding the issue completely, I've had my new pump a couple of days and I've just not done anything with it I'm still keen but I'm just scared I think. Being a "don't like change kind of person" I think I'm just avoiding the issue . I've got to the stage where I'm quiet scared of the the thing. I've got to start with it today so yet again after lunch will be the start this is so pathetic for an experienced pumper, although I suppose some interest on the home front from family would help.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Yep your right had a little read early this morning I mean what the worst that can happen ?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yep your right had a little read early this morning I mean what the worst that can happen ?

Haven't you got a few days yet before you use insulin in your new pump? By using now it will get you use to the features and settings, I never got this chance apart from one pre-pump appointment so your a lucky man MB.

iHs

Go for it :)

When the Vibe was delivered to my home, within 2hrs it wss out of the box, cartridge filled up and getting to body temp and by late afternoon I was Vibing... The Vibe quickstart guide was easy to follow and the menu system on pump just went from one screen to the next so easy to set up.

Accucheks pump guides should be good so just follow the step by step picture instructions. You already know yr basal rates....

Reactions: 3 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yep I've got till 24th I must admit I feel like I've wasted some valuable time but on the other I did get my sons bedroom all painted. Hoorah

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Seize the bull by the horns @masonbason63, change is good :)
So I've spent most of the day about all what I can and can't do with the Insight, handsets charged and pumps got battery in and prefilled cartridge is in as no saline ones supplied so I thought this is too easy went to prime tubing pushed something now "Pump Stopped" has come up and after all the reading I've done I just can't find a way to get it back on . Help please Insight users

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
So I've spent most of the day about all what I can and can't do with the Insight, handsets charged and pumps got battery in and prefilled cartridge is in as no saline ones supplied so I thought this is too easy went to prime tubing pushed something now "Pump Stopped" has come up and after all the reading I've done I just can't find a way to get it back on . Help please Insight users

Oh dear, I'll tag @donnellysdogs as she uses the Insight pump.

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on a insight so did u follow the step by step process that comes up on the pump. Insert cartridge, attach tubing, prime tubing, attach to cannula, prime the cannula, start insulin. Which bit did u get to?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I'm on a insight so did u follow the step by step process that comes up on the pump. Insert cartridge, attach tubing, prime tubing, attach to cannula, prime the cannula, start insulin. Which bit did u get to?
I got to attach to cannula the I must of pressed something and didn't get as far as priming

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just start the steps again. When it's comes to priming the tubing say yes then press the back button and that will stop it so you don't waste the insulin

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yep all done thanks it's just me being scared to do anything with it

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad your sorted. You just have to play that's what I found. Just make sure your not connected at the time lol

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
@masonbason63
Please make sure you have the correct fill for your tube and cannula settings.
These never had to be set on their older pumps.
I have an additional 1 unit on top of their recommendef fill size for the tubing set.
I found after every cannula change I was going high 2-4 hours afterwards.i have set this to give more too... I think .5 unit more.

Sorry not to get back sooner..

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@masonbason63
Please make sure you have the correct fill for your tube and cannula settings.
These never had to be set on their older pumps.
I have an additional 1 unit on top of their recommendef fill size for the tubing set.
I found after every cannula change I was going high 2-4 hours afterwards.i have set this to give more too... I think .5 unit more.

Sorry not to get back sooner..
Yep it primed ok and I allowed 1 unit for the cannula itself and then that came out fine. I'm not connected yet as they want me to wait till Friday ( but I've never done what I was told ) there's hell of a lot more accuracy on this pump. Just fiddling between pump and handset. The only criticism I might have not that it's a bad one it does seem to be controlling my diabetes (when connected) and me not me controlling it !! What I do like is txt size etc being sight impaired this really helps

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I set my cannula to 1.3... 6mm rapid.. Seems better than with their fill qty. never go hypo and rises are far less post cannula fill.
Glad you found your way around increasing text size.
The other thing that got me confused was not pressing the buttons quick enough to unlock the pump!!! I have since realised that having to unlock the pump can be bypassed for cartridge/tube and battery changes just by taking the connector off.. It automatically unlocks and saves faffing around pressing the 3 buttons quickly...

Glad you having ago. It is a brilliant pump.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well I'm all button pushing out!!
I've not set any amounts or basal/bolus settings just times date and priming. But I feel I can get all my own settings that I use programmed into the pimp/handset Q. If you program either one does the Bluetooth send all the information to the other.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Easier to do on handset and it does bluetooth them.