Finger Pricker With Drums

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Hi, the new pump came with the above title. I use at the moment 200+ sticks a month so:-

That's a lot of drums for each month, can you re-use the needle in the drum before going into the next needle?
"I know you shouldn't ".

Or am I likely to be restricted on the amount of drums issued by my GP any others use this type of finger Pricker ? Are they any good and do they say come in a box of 5or 10 drums I just don't know as I've always used single lancets.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The Multiclix/Fastclix drums by Accu-Chek come with 6 lancets per drum and there's 204 lancets per pack, as to whether you reuse them is a personal choice, tbh I try to remember to use a new lancet each time I test my bg levels but in reality I don't, but I always make a point of rotating the drum before the first bg test in the morning.

lisacp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, you can use the needles more than once.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Thanks guys very helpful, although I expect cost wise the drums are dearer than lancets?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks guys very helpful, although I expect cost wise the drums are dearer than lancets?

I'd imagine they will be slightly dearer than a box of single lancets, but I for one could never go back to a single lancet finger pricker, besides the Multiclix is one (if not the best) on the market.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I'd imagine they will be slightly dearer than a box of single lancets, but I for one could never go back to a single lancet finger pricker, besides the Multiclix is one (if not the best) on the market.
I'll have to check what accuchek insight box of goodies behold

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

I tend to use the Accuchek Softclix as the Fastclix is noisey. The Softclix has individual lancets and can be re used if desired, whereas the lancet drums cost more to prescribe so you might need to purchase privately..

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've literally never rotated mine for my own use. Only if I was testing someone else. The lancets just never seem to blunt.

Reactions: 4 people

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
I use one lancet per day (sometimes stretch it to 1 every two days if I forget) so thats usually 1 drum per week (or thereabouts) for me! :)

Reactions: 2 people