Greetings from a newbie!

weenick

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there. I don't know why I haven't joined before. Perhaps life is just too busy as a parent of a diabetic child! My son is now 9 and was diagnosed when he was one. Since the age of 3 he's had the pump. Like all of you, our lives revolve around his needs, but we try not to let it rule us either. He's a typical overly energetic laddie who chills whilst gaming. School are excellent. With a few pump wearers there they have to be, and his friends are wonderful.

We've had scary moments too, obviously. The worst was when he was paralysed due to swelling of the brain and lost his speech. A few hours of glucose drip and he asked for chicken fricasse!

So hello everyone!

Nicky

Reactions: 6 people

ivm18

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there. I don't know why I haven't joined before. Perhaps life is just too busy as a parent of a diabetic child! My son is now 9 and was diagnosed when he was one. Since the age of 3 he's had the pump. Like all of you, our lives revolve around his needs, but we try not to let it rule us either. He's a typical overly energetic laddie who chills whilst gaming. School are excellent. With a few pump wearers there they have to be, and his friends are wonderful.

We've had scary moments too, obviously. The worst was when he was paralysed due to swelling of the brain and lost his speech. A few hours of glucose drip and he asked for chicken fricasse!

So hello everyone!

Nicky
hello and welcome to the forum @weenick
:)

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A warm welcome to the forum Nicky, so pleased that you boy is coping so well and he has a good group of friends around him :)

Reactions: 2 people