Success after 10years as type 2?

helenjones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
has anyone had success regarding remission after being diabetic for ten years and now starting insulin. can someone give me hope?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi Helen, welcome :)

You can always do something to get your medication and blood sugars down. What is your HbA1c history, and what do you typically eat?

helenjones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Helen, welcome :)

You can always do something to get your medication and blood sugars down. What is your HbA1c history, and what do you typically eat?
hiya - I have decided to give the ND a go starting today - my morning reading was 11.8 x

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Reading is a bit high but typical of mornings as they are harder to control. What IS your HBa1C history?

Brightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I know some people will hate me for saying this....and some people cannot.....but exercise works wonders especially in combination with LCHF....

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
has anyone had success regarding remission after being diabetic for ten years and now starting insulin. can someone give me hope?

Hi This may be of help to you, but there are several ND diet threads on here which will give you a lot of information with regards, that Diet.

I know you need hope, but it is the weight loss that will make the difference. They do talk about reaching your Personal Weight Threshold, but regardless of the ND diet, exercise and Low Carb High Fat diet and losing weight, if your overweight, will all contribute to lowering the BG numbers.

So although some on the ND do achieve the weight loss but do not achieve total remission/reversal of the diabetes they do find that their ability to have lower blood sugars is much improved.

I understand if you are embarking on the ND Diet that it is normally recommended that it is done under medical supervision, i.e. your Doctor is aware and hopefully supporting what your about to do.

Strongly suggest that you visit the ND threads and get all the information your will require.

Neil