Having a down day.....

MsButtercup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I am so fed up today! I just feel like stamping my feet and screaming; but I know that won't help.

I've had family over this weekend, and have been cooking some lovely meals for them, and then I eat a separate "diabetes friendly" one. It sucked so bad seeing them eating anything they wanted. I am so bored with my meals.

I'm quite a fussy/plain eater, and although I try preparing my meals in heaps of different ways, I just get so bored of eating the same stuff.

If I blended my veggies, and made them in to soup; would that work? Like would they still have all the same nutrients etc? I ask because that is what I am tempted to do; blend all veggies and live off of soup!

Reactions: 2 people

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blended veggies are supposed to be better because all the nutrients are released as part of the blending process.. whether that really happens or not I've no idea.. but you don't lose anything I'm sure.

And tomorrow you'll feel better. I had my arrggh day yesterday and ate a Victoria sponge... all of one! Out of my system now though! we all have days like that! At leas yours resulted in soup!

MsButtercup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Blended veggies are supposed to be better because all the nutrients are released as part of the blending process.. whether that really happens or not I've no idea.. but you don't lose anything I'm sure.

And tomorrow you'll feel better. I had my arrggh day yesterday and ate a Victoria sponge... all of one! Out of my system now though! we all have days like that! At leas yours resulted in soup!

Mmm Victoria sponge.......

I am just having one of those days, not the last I expect. I feel bad moaning, but I honestly am finding the changes a little difficult. I'm only 3ish months since being diagnosed, and everyone keeps telling me how well I'm doing, but I do have lots of days where I just feel like giving up. Obviously, that isn't an option, but it sounds like a good idea at the time. I feel stupid for moaning about it too, part of me is like "it's just food, just energy" but the other part of me is like "JUST FOOD?! It can never be just food!" Lol

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Moaning is definitely allowed here. It does get tiresome sometimes and comparing your current regime to the carefree approach to food that others enjoy is hard. I find that I don't miss any specific food as much as I miss the spontenaity of eating whatever appeals a the moment. I get so very tired of turning over every single food packet to read the nutrition information.

I've been having 'one of those weeks' as well. I'm fed up and struggling to keep on the comparatively straight and narrow.

I hope things get easier for you.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Why are your family not eating the same as you .. The wife would not cook different for any visitors ... We are low carb med fat vegetarians who will not cook different for anyone. Unless they have a medical food problem .. Then the menu will be adjusted for them keeping to our eating.

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I'm going to my daughters to night for a meal the son in law is a chef and and I think it will be my treat day , small portions but will enjoy what's put in front . I really think a little of what you like does you good I mean a LITTLE , as long as you don't do it every day .
I will tell you what my BS are later. Really looking forward to it JJ

Reactions: 4 people

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why are your family not eating the same as you .. The wife would not cook different for any visitors ... We are low carb med fat vegetarians who will not cook different for anyone. Unless they have a medical food problem .. Then the menu will be adjusted for them keeping to our eating.

I'd never ask my family to make the sacrifices I do. If yow carb you can still share lots of foods. Lots of carby foods cook in no time. Rice and pasta. Easily cooked while a low carb alternative is cooked too

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I'm going to my daughters to night for a meal the son in law is a chef and and I think it will be my treat day , small portions but will enjoy what's put in front . I really think a little of what you like does you good I mean a LITTLE , as long as you don't do it every day .
I will tell you what my BS are later. Really looking forward to it JJ

BS reads 5.3 before the meal ( 3 courses fair diabetes friendly ) and at midnight when we got home ??? ........... .???
6.5 think that's pretty **** good more than chuffed :joyful::joyful:

Reactions: 6 people