16 with type 1 diabetes

Danielleee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 16 with type 1 diabetes, I got diagnosed only 3 weeks ago! I would love to talk to someone who is in the same position as me or someone with experience who is my age!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

theedom83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am 30 now, but I was diagnosed when I was 16, (during my GCSE'S) I was in a bad way when I was diagnosed, very sore feet, very dry mouth, always tired, and drinking 12 litres or more of drink a day. I was then put on Humalog mix 25 insulin, (twice a day injections) What have you been put on and advised to do at the moment then?

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not the same age as you, but I do have the same name :) I'm 25 and diagnosed T1 in July 2013. Feel free to message me if you ever want to chat x

Reactions: 2 people

Danielleee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been put on the mixed insulin twice a day however that's only because I'm in the 'honeymoon period' (where my body may be producing the last bit of insulin.) I will be going on 4 injections a day in a couple of weeks as it will be easier to control what I am eating! 3 short acting insulins before meals and a long lasting one over night :)

Beth_Robinson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I'm 16 too and was diagnosed at 3 x feel free to message me anytime :)

HeatherMay_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am 17 and have had type 1 diabetes for 12 years, going into 13 in July. I have the experience through my GCSE years, to Alevel and preparing for Uni so if you want to chat, I'm here

bloodbaby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
onions, and when people try to tell me about how to treat my diabetes based on their distant relationship with someone who has diabetes.
I'm 16 with type 1 diabetes, I got diagnosed only 3 weeks ago! I would love to talk to someone who is in the same position as me or someone with experience who is my age!

I'm about you're age, and I was diagnosed with Type 1 in 2002. I'd love to help you with whatever you need. :)

Signe_Kirk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey I'm Signe and I'm 16 too :) Been diabetic for almost 5 years, feel free to message me!

Amrit1712

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm 15, was diagnosed just over a month ago. How are you coping? It's quite a lot to take in but it starts getting easier if you put the effort in. Feel free to message if you want to chat :)

Darwin195

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 19& I got diagnosed about the same time as you 3 weeks ago..

Message me& I'll help as best I can

bri281295

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 19 and I was diagnosed when I was 17, coming up to 2 years... Always here to talk :)

Kirstykanga99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm 16 in May. I am really experienced with diabetes as I've had it since I was around 4/5. I don't remember life without diabetes. If u can help you in any way feel free to message me I would love that.

tieganmae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 17 years old and I was diagnosed in 2007 at the age on 9... One thing you need to remember is that diabetes is now your lifestyle and that's just how it is were no different to anyone else... All the best

Bethany buchan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm no help but Iv was diagnosed when I was 4 years old and now I'm 14 and doing alright x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hi Danielleee I am not in your position, but wanted to say a big hi and welcome:)

Best wishes RRB