Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrylizard1314

19/4 - 4.3
18/4 - 4.8
17/4 - 4.6

Haven't been posting much as the last few weeks have been a struggle. I was down with a high temperature for a week and don't think I have totally recovered. Generally been feeling down mentally as well which hasn't helped. Haven't run since 29/3 which hasn't helped either.

One positive outcome of the flu was that it dropped my weight by a further 2 kg so down to 62kg. Blood sugar levels have been as per the normal trend but my BP has been lower. Over the past week I have had the following readings:

103/62
97/63
102/68
115/72
101/66
93/59
93/56

My average BP is 120/70

Not sure if i should be concerned and see my GP or whether it's as a result of my state of mind.
Do you know what your pulse rate is, s_k_s? And were you eating when you had the 'flu? It could be bradycardia and low BP from fasting. In any case, you should check with your GP just to be sure. Hope you feel better soon.
Strengthening vibes coming your way.

Reactions: 8 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you know what your pulse rate is, s_k_s? And were you eating when you had the 'flu? It could be bradycardia and low BP from fasting. In any case, you should check with your GP just to be sure. Hope you feel better soon.
Strengthening vibes coming your way.

Pulse has been on slightly the higher side. My normal pulse is in the low 70s. Can't say I have been eating well. Appetite is very low. I'll have read up on bradycardia.

Merrylizard1314

6.2 this morning!

Discovered that a pair of falcon's started nesting across the street. Explains the sudden lack of song birds in the area and the drop in squirrel sightings.

Here's a shot of one of them about 25m up in the tree.
17190280132_1f7c509749_c.jpg

On a happy note, spring started up in this part of the world, trees are starting to bud!
Have a great day everyone!!
17009552068_a9af50977e_c.jpg
Great picture! I was reminded that we had a pair of kestrels nesting in a snow gum in our last garden. They raised a family of three young and we could see them easily from the upstairs windows. They killed many just-hatched galahs, which was sad, but they fed a lot of mice to the young kestrels.

Reactions: 9 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
19/4 - 4.3
18/4 - 4.8
17/4 - 4.6

Haven't been posting much as the last few weeks have been a struggle. I was down with a high temperature for a week and don't think I have totally recovered. Generally been feeling down mentally as well which hasn't helped. Haven't run since 29/3 which hasn't helped either.

One positive outcome of the flu was that it dropped my weight by a further 2 kg so down to 62kg. Blood sugar levels have been as per the normal trend but my BP has been lower. Over the past week I have had the following readings:

103/62
97/63
102/68
115/72
101/66
93/59
93/56

My average BP is 120/70

Not sure if i should be concerned and see my GP or whether it's as a result of my state of mind.
There are some nice numbers there skS.speedy recovery.

Reactions: 11 people
S

Sable_Jan

19/4 - 4.3
18/4 - 4.8
17/4 - 4.6

103/62
97/63
102/68
115/72
101/66
93/59
93/56

My average BP is 120/70

Hope you are soon feeling fully better.
Don't know much about bp other than mine would be too high if I didn't take my meds for it. If you are the slightest bit concerned get the doc to check you out.... hope its easier to get appointments than it is here.... takes so long its not worth making the appt....be better by then anyhow .... Only go if I have to

Reactions: 5 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
6.2 this morning!

Discovered that a pair of falcon's started nesting across the street. Explains the sudden lack of song birds in the area and the drop in squirrel sightings.

Here's a shot of one of them about 25m up in the tree.
17190280132_1f7c509749_c.jpg

On a happy note, spring started up in this part of the world, trees are starting to bud!
Have a great day everyone!!
17009552068_a9af50977e_c.jpg
Great pic ta ::))

Reactions: 6 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dare we ask "considering what"? ;)
I went a bit "off piste" yesterday with fish and 1/2 portion of chips lunchtime, 1/2 slice thick brown granary with the smoked salmon starter and sauté potatoes with the rack of lamb in the evening; still at least I didn't succumb to the puddings!

Maxwell

Reactions: 16 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I went a bit "off piste" yesterday with fish and 1/2 portion of chips lunchtime, 1/2 slice thick brown granary with the smoked salmon starter and sauté potatoes with the rack of lamb in the evening; still at least I didn't succumb to the puddings!

Maxwell
Long term ....those who bend...last the longest !

Reactions: 14 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting today (Sun) at 1.45pm(!): 6.3 having slept nearly 12 hours, after a nice low pre-supper reading of 5.9, which is what I used to see last year....

Ate a bit less yesterday and added some double cream to coffees in addition to my almond milk, so a little bit less protein and a bit more fat seems to be helping.

Robbity

Reactions: 19 people
S

Sable_Jan

Maxwell
I'd say you didn't stray too far :)

Reactions: 10 people

Lěêşë

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars,
ok I know it's not morning for me...im just of to bed (23.29pm)but Bg 7.5...that's good for me...Let's see what it is when I wake up !!!

Reactions: 9 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning. Prolonged persistent coughing fits.
This morning was the worst, intermittent throughout the night.
Over the past few days, my BS has been in the high 6s throughout the day.
Feeling stronger and slowly winning this fight, however heat and humidity makes everything worse.

Reactions: 19 people
Status
Not open for further replies.