please help

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Other
Hello guys my friend is a type 2 diabetic we are going on a hen weekend soon and was wondering what alcoholic drinks she will be alright drinking. im not much of a drinker so dont know much about what will be ok for her to drink dose anyone know what she could drink?
many thanks xxxx

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Well I think Vodka and diet coke is okay! Thats my tipple so I hope that's okay

Reactions: 2 people

SandyXrssy27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Vodka and Diet Coke is fine. Anything Like Vodka and Tonic water is another good one. Make sure she checks her Blood sugar and make sure that she keeps hydrated lots of normal bottled water/ Tea etc as You can get very Dehydrated from Alcohol.
Here is what I read that Helped me decide on Hen Night and I stuck to Diet coke all night or Pepsi max.x

Janis Roszler, RD, a certified diabetes educator in Miami, Fla., recommends:

• Mixing alcoholic drinks with water or calorie-free diet sodas instead of sugary (and calorie- and carbohydrate-laden) sodas and other mixers.
  • Once you have had your drink, switch to a non-alcoholic drink, such as sparkling water, for the rest of the evening.
  • Make sure you have an eating strategy and plan in place to avoid overeating and overdrinking in social situations. Alcohol can make you more relaxed, and may lead you to make poor food or drinking decisions.
  • Don't drink on an empty stomach because alcohol can have a very rapid blood glucose lowering effect, which is slowed if there is food in your stomach.
  • If you're going to have a drink, wear your diabetes identification bracelet or necklace.