sweet potatoes..

kazlincs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i will hopefully be going there this weekend!! :) im really looking forward to trying them now! :)

kazlincs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lidls deffo have celeriac, I get mine there.
question.. you have put this:
LCHF with Glycemic load giving wider choice of food...
sorry if im being thick...(!) what do you mean by that? i get the LCHF bit, but not the rest!!

kazlincs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i finally found celeriac! there were 2 left in Lidl's!
i did it like chips in the actifry, but not very keen.. they are ok, but i wouldnt want them instead of chips! maybe as a mix of other roasted veg, along with butternut squash, courgette and a bit of sweet potato :)

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried celeriac chips yesterday too, cooked in the oven with a spray of olive oil, but they were very dry. They either needed more oil, or maybe they're better deep dried? Tasted ok although obviously not as good as real potato chips.
They lovely roasted though :)

Reactions: 2 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
@kazlincs & @rowan, I marinate the celeriac 'chips' first. Oil base with whatever flavourings, I like a curry/spicy flavour, so a few tbs of curry powder or curry mixture of spices into the oil. Let the celeriac chips marinate, mix every so often. I bake rather than fry. That may make a difference.

kazlincs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@kazlincs & @rowan, I marinate the celeriac 'chips' first. Oil base with whatever flavourings, I like a curry/spicy flavour, so a few tbs of curry powder or curry mixture of spices into the oil. Let the celeriac chips marinate, mix every so often. I bake rather than fry. That may make a difference.

ok i might give that a go then. as i have half a celeriac left!!

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

thanks, will try again, if still no good i'll stick to roast celeriac ;)