Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks loulou. You are doing great now your meds have changed
Hope you are feeling better.
Thanks comfort I am getting there going to have monthly blood test tomorrow for methatrexate levels. Let's hope I don't bruise to much. On the up my steroids have gone down to 10mg a day

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bedtime 5.8
Fasting 6.0 A weekend of Alcohol & some carby food, not good.

Reactions: 11 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One week completed on a LCHF diet and this afternoon my meter arrived so I gave it a try the reading 1 hour after lunch which was 3 Strawberries 10 blackberries and 10 blueberries with double cream and my reading was 11.0 so my ? is how bad is that and I need advice regarding using the meter I am type 2 I am taking 2/500ml Metformin in the morning after food and 1/500ml Metformin in the evening. Thanks
Hi Viv0147,

First you need to make sure you hands are freshly washed & secondly I think it the portion size. 10 Blackberries or 10 blueberries but not both. I have berries on a morning with Yogurt but I would say it's more like 7/8.

You need to be testing just before eating at 1hr and at 2hr. And what you eat you are trying for the number not to rise more than 2mmol/l, Hope this helps.

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Clive it's going we'll friday walked part way home 12 k sat bike and jugged 20 k so I'm tird today will rest takes for asking
Hi good to here your working at it, I'm sure your numbers will continue to improve, I couldn't jog 20k :(

Neil

Reactions: 2 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Neil this will also help me cause I am still struggling with some meals. Lou

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
6.2 fasting... Sinus infection still driving numbers up...

Reactions: 18 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Susikav, sorry to hear you have a sinus infection, horrid. Hope you feel better soon.

6.7 today, lowest ever reading for fasting test!

Reactions: 16 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
6.5 mmol / L this morning.
7.2 mmol / L at bed time.
Not too bad considering not enough sleep was had - none of which was before midnight.

Reactions: 19 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.2 love the lighter mornings, songbirds really going for it, nice tunes to wake up to.

Have a super day everyone.

Reactions: 25 people
Status
Not open for further replies.