Diabetes.co.uk Stuff

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Precisely - I just wanted to know if there other like-minded people out there or if I was on my own with this. Raising awareness raises people's interest and curiosity on many levels. That can't be a bad thing, right? Educating others can help remove the stigma and preconceived prejudices that are often ill or non-informed people. People often ask me openly about T1 and I'm only too happy to answer their questions. Some assume I eat loads of chocs and sweets and that's why I have it until I explain.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All.

Can I just chime in with , there are other ways to use or show support besides wearing an item of clothing .
[for those who dont wish to]

Pens,badges,note pads,key rings,lanuards,umbrella's besides the bracelets etc ...

There are ways to add flexibilty here to any persons/members feelings and options.

It is certainly worth considering.

Anna.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Thanks Anna,

I have some of the diabetes uk merch, but would be nice if this site could do something similar.

I fimd this site more useful to me personally and wouldn't mind being an advocate for it. I feel no stigma, I have diabetes and live with it ( hopefully one day I can throttle the b****** into submission, but that's unlikely. Keep up the good work. I'll contact giverny unless you have already! :D

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
martwolves said:
Thanks Anna,

I have some of the diabetes uk merch, but would be nice if this site could do something similar.

I fimd this site more useful to me personally and wouldn't mind being an advocate for it. I feel no stigma, I have diabetes and live with it ( hopefully one day I can throttle the b****** into submission, but that's unlikely. Keep up the good work. I'll contact giverny unless you have already! :D

Hi martwolves.

I have let the team know of this thread , but it would be nice if you can ask giverny as it is 'your idea' :idea: :thumbup:
We are approachable and will do our best to assist .

Anna.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Wicked Anna!

Thanks for this! It's annoying on BB, when you hit 3 keys at once, but worth persevering for!

Thanks again for your positive support, as ever.

Mart.

Mart is what friends call me, martwolves is my name and where I'm from ;)

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For anyone interested in discussing issues around stigma around diabetes, next week's gbdoc tweet chat on Wednesday night at 9pm is about just that topic.(www.gbdoc.co.uk)
Also - around 'stuff', TeamBG (team blood glucose) are a not-for-profit out there trying to encourage and support anyone with diabetes (T1 and T2) be more active and aim to help challenge the stigma with the slogan 'Out-performing diabetes'. T-shirts and cycle kit available in the shop. ;)

This forum is an excellent source of support and I too think it's a nice idea for people to be able to show their support for the site by wearing a branded top. :)

Hope to see you in the tweet chat! Bx
stigma media.jpg

Reactions: 2 people