Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!

3rd day on the trot I've been in the 5s first thing. *happy dance*

Just got to get a handle on the rest of the day now.

Reactions: 18 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I was 5.8 this morning after a bedtime reading of 6.7 (late dinner).

I've now finished the bottle of red wine I was using all week to take 100ml before bedtime to see if it reduced my fasting readings. Next week I shall do without and see what the difference is (if any).

Reactions: 18 people

YeahMeToo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcom MeToo... :) You seem to already be doing well... Are you low-carbing? There are some lovely recipes in the Low Carb Recipe thread...

Hi there, yes I am avoiding carbs and checking content and sugars - fasting 6.4 this morning.

I will have a look at the low carb recipies thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 15 people

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and good morning my fasting result for this morning was 5.1 @ 08:27hrs. Now for breakfast.

Reactions: 21 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Good morning all. I was 5.8 this morning after a bedtime reading of 6.7 (late dinner).

I've now finished the bottle of red wine I was using all week to take 100ml before bedtime to see if it reduced my fasting readings. Next week I shall do without and see what the difference is (if any).

Does that mean your switching to white next week ?!!!

Reactions: 11 people

Bewildered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.4 mols/L - had a shop bought moussaka last night, potato and aubergine inside. Not been eating potatoes.

Reactions: 13 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.8 which after a stag do with my nephew yesterday I am delight with, catch up with you all a little later,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 23 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.5 this morning - back where I like to be after a couple of days slightly higher :)

Reactions: 24 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Sounds good @WeeFergus and looking forward to the results. Might be an interesting example of the benefits of testing. You never know you may even have to up the (cough cough) medicine.....

.....unless of course there are some willing volunteers on here - anyone up for a 250ml, half or bottle challenge!?!? I would of course be willing to step forward myself but am being very disciplined at the moment.

Reactions: 4 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning campers

6.1 fasting. Higher than yeasterday but happy enough with that - shouldn't be too greedy! Spent far too long on the Internet last night. Has anyone read any of the blogs by Jimmy moore?

Reactions: 14 people

Reades

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
These posts sometimes make me feel a little anxious when people show a frowny face if they get a fasting bs in the late 6 low 7s. I am completely low carbing and have bought my fasting down from 13.9 to generally 6.4 in two months and lost over 10 kg but struggling to get it lower and not sure what else to do. I thought I was doing ok, but the posts on here are generally such good numbers that I feel I will never achieve and am really over stressing on this - I know it's not a competition and this is the long haul, but feel like I am obsessing. So - note to self - chill and keep up the good work...(I suppose)

Reactions: 16 people

Reades

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, realise my last message isn't right for this thread - just ignore me - having an anxious moment that's all :)

Reactions: 4 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
These posts sometimes make me feel a little anxious when people show a frowny face if they get a fasting bs in the late 6 low 7s. I am completely low carbing and have bought my fasting down from 13.9 to generally 6.4 in two months and lost over 10 kg but struggling to get it lower and not sure what else to do. I thought I was doing ok, but the posts on here are generally such good numbers that I feel I will never achieve and am really over stressing on this - I know it's not a competition and this is the long haul, but feel like I am obsessing. So - note to self - chill and keep up the good work...(I suppose)

Dont worry just be patient and you will get there, for most of us these changes dont happen overnight, or even over a year. You gotta be a long distance runner Stick with it and good results will follow.l

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And you are doing brilliantly @Reades down from 13.9 to 6.4 and 10 kg weight lose in only 2 months Those kind of stats will get you a call to the headmasters office for all the right reasons.

You're right though it isn't a competition and what one person is happy with another may not be and that could range from pre 4 to post 14. It depends where you are on your own journey.

But your wrong to think that your post isn't appropriate for this thread - we all have our moments. So stick around you won't be ignored.

Reactions: 12 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@Reades you have made phenomenal progress in two months! Congratulations!

As @Pasha has said. A lot of the people achieving morning fasting blood glucose levels lower than you (and me) are a lot further down the road.

Morning fasting readings are usually the last to lower and the first to raise. In my opinion
under 7 mmol / L is good
under 6 mmol / L is excellent
under 5 mmol / L is exceptional
under 4 mmol / L is dangerous

So, you're doing good! :D
Keep it up - consistency is key.

Reactions: 14 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

No need to stress... 13.9 to 6.4 in two months is great progress.
You'll notice the folks with regular low figures have been doing it a while and figured out what they can and can't do.... it's not an instant thing.
No competition, this is a me thing.
Keep on what you're doing, it's good stuff.
Hj

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 am lower than yesterdays PB... it might be the protein.... or lack of.... been veggie for 48hrs... had a great aubergine/spinach/pea curry last night at work, 5.7 2 hours after....
Swapped my yogurt/nuts for Chia seed coffee/cocoa/peanut butter, which is actually really good....
there might be some meat today, so it'll be interesting to see what the response is...

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.