advice asap

jade2919

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi guys just a quick question. Diabetes runs in my family and after doing a symptom checker tonight on Google diabetes come up. ive been suffering alot lately with headaches, dizzeness, tingling feet and hands (pins and needles like feeling) doctor hasnt given or diagnosed anything but migranes. But the last few days and nights ive been drinking non stop and peeing non stop wakes me up countless times in the night feels asif my bladders about to explode and hunger is ridiculous throughout the day and I wake up stupid times in the night like my stomach is completely empty I dont want to go to my doctors and ask for a diabetes test as hes not exactly the most caring doctor and ive been so much in the last few months with my headaches, tingling and dizziness I dont want him to see me as a drama queen or anything any advice would be brilliant. Thanks for reading xx

Reactions: 2 people

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jade,

Honestly the best advice would be to see your doctor, even if it feels dramatic as you put it. You have family members who are diabetic, test yourself with their meters.

Although some of your symptoms are symptomatic of diabetes, no one here can give you a diagnosis or eliminate a condition.

Here is a link you might find helpful:
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

All the best
Daks

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Yep, doctor and if you don't like him, change ....... you need to get a few tests done

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and it may have nothing to do with diabetes..it needs to be checked out :)

Reactions: 4 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. The GP is the best person to see. For a random blood test there is always the local pharmacy. I know Lloyds do free blood tests and I suspect most do as it's simply a finger prick test.