Advice

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just need some advice I have had my pump for nearly 2 month and so far all ok.today I changed my set at 13:30 today and since then my levels are just going up and all have eaten is a yogurt which I took bolus for. I have had 10 units since then at various times up to now and still my level is at 15.2 I am hungry and don't want to eat anything till I no my levels will go down.
But not to sure what to do

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I would put myself on a temporary basal for a while just to try and bring BSs down a bit. On saying that, I read a post this week where BSs were increasing all day and it was all down to a bent cannula so maybe your first option would be to change it now. Remember to check for ketones as well and if your blood sugars are still on the increase later I would apply sick day rules and correct with a pen just in case you have a bug or something.

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Riri I will check it again and decide what to do thanks for the help

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
When you say you changed your set did that mean cartridge, tubing and cannula? If so make sure you filled/primed the tubing as it has been known for peeps to forget? If you have done this then change your cannula as this is more than likely the problem. Also check your pump is def switched on.

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it was a full change filled and primed so j no the pump is ok that way