The SCREAM thread

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As the housekeeper in Father Ted says..........

Go on, go on, go on!

Reactions: 2 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Hope you eventually got some sleep ... I'm plagued with the no sleep syndrome from time to time too - its AWFUL
Thank you for your reply, Sable_Jan.
I eventually went to bed at 10am and woke at 1pm.
It really is a nuisance, it's holding me back from posting as much as I would like.
There's many posts I'd like to comment on but my brain's so, for want of a better word, foggy,
I'd probably come across as a real plonker.:arghh:

I tell my wife that when I get up after eventually having a sleep, I feel I'm dead. lol.

And appointments!!!!!! they have to be scheduled for afternoons.

Anyway, I know I'm not alone with the silly thing, there are other members in here who struggle with extreme tiredness/fatigue also.

Thank you again.

willie. :)

Reactions: 5 people

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It really is a nuisance, it's holding me back from posting as much as I would like.
There's many posts I'd like to comment on but my brain's so, for want of a better word, foggy,

I tell my wife that when I get up after eventually having a sleep, I feel I'm dead. lol.

Anyway, I know I'm not alone with the silly thing, there are other members in here who struggle with extreme tiredness/fatigue also.

Thank you again.

I feel for you. I suffered the same for about five years or more. It completely wrecks your life. I am much better now; lowering my BG helped a LOT (and also helped my feet/neuropathy), which of course also helped me to sleep better! I hope it gets much better for you as well.

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thank you again.

Hi Willie, have you been assessed for fibromyalgia, the lack of sleep and foggy brain, fatigue...... I have it too.....have a look on fibromyalgia. Co.UK and check out the symptoms......

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Thank you again.

I hope tonight is a better one for you, take care Willie X

Reactions: 5 people
C

chris lowe

Daughter is just back home from Uni for ten days, so it's full ahead discarded clothing on the floor, unwashed crockery and all the other evils of student life:) To add insult to injury she has just spent a week of subsidised idleness in Salou (Spain) attending a student dance competition as part of her Uni dance team. So far as I can tell, most of the dancing went on in dodgy nightclubs, and involved the ingestion of numerous soothing libations to get her technique right, followed by practical relaxation exercises during the day, conducted on the beach. But it's great to have her home for a bit :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: 8 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Daughter is just back home from Uni for ten days, so it's full ahead discarded clothing on the floor, unwashed crockery and all the other evils of student life:) To add insult to injury she has just spent a week of subsidised idleness in Salou (Spain) attending a student dance competition as part of her Uni dance team. So far as I can tell, most of the dancing went on in dodgy nightclubs, and involved the ingestion of numerous soothing libations to get her technique right, followed by practical relaxation exercises during the day, conducted on the beach. But it's great to have her home for a bit :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Lol. Back in my day. You spent 8/9 hours a day feeling "the burn" in a sweaty industrial mirrored room.. Then crawl back to your digs with muscle ache..
These days? Nothing's changed except I work in a warehouse.. :banghead:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I miss Mr Jangles to keep me company (sniff...) :(;):)

Reactions: 4 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol. Back in my day. You spent 8/9 hours a day feeling "the burn" in a sweaty industrial mirrored room.. Then crawl back to your digs with muscle ache..
These days? Nothing's changed except I work in a warehouse.. :banghead:
:D

She's reading for a degree in Drama and Theatre Studies, so she spends half her time doing Lee Strasberg exercises and the other half making theoretical analyses of Greek Tragedy (I may have simplified things a bit). Dance is her way of relaxing - along with libations and beach-occupancy, as above: she's done Street Dance since she was about nine or ten and now also does jazz, tap and has just started learning Irish dancing, much to her (Ulster-born) Mum's delight.

But to revert to the subject of the Dance Competition, when she told me where she was going, I Googled Salou and found an absolutely classic Daily Wail article, which you can read here, if you really want to.

The university ‘sports festival’ has only just begun but clearly not everyone can take the pace.

Some sit hunched over on the kerb, bleary eyed amid pools of vomit. Another has passed out, slumped against a wall with his head lolling.

One student cowers in a cardboard box, apparently bewildered by the punishing partying that has brought his evening to a premature end. Paramedics had to stretcher away one of the worst casualties.

... and so on, ad nauseam.

Apparently they were all warned about journalists looking for a cheap story and told to be very suspicious of any strangers asking lots of questions, or wanting to take their photo. Having read the article, my daughter is a bit disappointed, 'cos she feels she's missed out on all the depravity. Well - most of it, anyway :D

What a nasty, cheap little rag the Mail is. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :mad: :D

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's the wonderful Mrs Doyle :)
Played by the excellent Pauline McLynn. She wrote a novel some years ago, (she's an extremely talented woman) and, as you do, she went to her Publisher's Sales Conference, to enthuse the Sales Reps about it. At the end, she was signing copies of the book to give to the (by now thoroughly on-side) Reps. Apparently she was inscribing them "To xyz. Thanks for the sh*g, love Pauline"

What a gal :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:D

She's reading for a degree in Drama and Theatre Studies, so she spends half her time doing Lee Strasberg exercises and the other half making theoretical analyses of Greek Tragedy (I may have simplified things a bit). Dance is her way of relaxing - along with libations and beach-occupancy, as above: she's done Street Dance since she was about nine or ten and now also does jazz, tap and has just started learning Irish dancing, much to her (Ulster-born) Mum's delight.

But to revert to the subject of the Dance Competition, when she told me where she was going, I Googled Salou and found an absolutely classic Daily Wail article, which you can read here, if you really want to.

... and so on, ad nauseam.

Apparently they were all warned about journalists looking for a cheap story and told to be very suspicious of any strangers asking lots of questions, or wanting to take their photo. Having read the article, my daughter is a bit disappointed, 'cos she feels she's missed out on all the depravity. Well - most of it, anyway :D

What a nasty, cheap little rag the Mail is. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :mad: :D

I'm not a.massive fan of journalists on the whole.. I was misquoted by a local paper back in the early1980's which was part of the daily mail group.
Music journos are a waste of time too. I had dealing with them during my 16 year stint in a Euro metal band. The real rock & roll is the hour on the stage. (Show biz.) The rest is just traveling from one job to the next.. I wasn't trying to change the world. Just ave a laugh! ;)
I tended to avoid anyone with a micro tape/digital recorder on the table.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 10 people
C

chris lowe

There was something earlier on today that really irritated the c**p out of me and I thought "I must let off steam on the thread". Blowed if I can remember what it was now AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRR :mad:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
There was something earlier on today that really irritated the c**p out of me and I thought "I must let off steam on the thread". Blowed if I can remember what it was now AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRR :mad:

Lets jog your memory Chris, something at home, on the news, radio, outside,newspapers, neighbours, hubby,or something on here ?? :wideyed: :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Was it the "hypnotist dog" on Britains got talent? I somewhat suspect it was the "girl,in the poker dot dress." The dog was the trigger...