Mascarpone cheese

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Eat it.

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Low carb cheesecake, or mixed with cream and coffee or cocoa powder, and/or suitable flavourings for a tasty low carb mousse type pudding.

Please note: @Ambersilva doesn't really want it, so I'll have it instead...:D:D:D

Robbity

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No! no! no! @Robbity! Don't tell fibs! Of course I want the mascarpone. I rather like the sound of your low carb mousse type pudding. Please share...

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No! no! no! @Robbity! Don't tell fibs! Of course I want the mascarpone. I rather like the sound of your low carb mousse type pudding. Please share...
@Ambersilva
You mean you don't want to share, bit you want me to!!! :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

I don't actually have a recipe as such for my pud, but it's a mixture of mascarpone, philadelphia full fat, or any other suitable cream cheese, (usually a whole small tub) warmed in the microwave a bit to soften, with enough thick cream to be able to lighten up the texture, (whipped double cream works too), some Sukrin "icing sugar" to taste, and whatever I fancy adding in the way of flavours, and mix it all together. So:
  • coffee granules, and a few chopped walnuts, maybe a few drops of coffee essence (but add the nuts later if making a batch, to save them getting soggy!)
  • cocoa powder and cinnamon, and maybe a few drops of chocolate, orange, or peppermint essence
  • as is with fresh lemon juice and zest
  • with berries - you can mash them in and it looks all pretty pink or purple, but I usually just add a dollop to my bowl of (whole) berries
I also sometimes add a some ground almonds to the basic mix, which makes it a bit more like a sort of rich muesli than a mousse type mix.

I often add a piece of almond shortcake if I'm extra hungry, and a little also works as a topping, filling, or just a side serving, with a muffin.

I make and keep it in the fridge in a 300 or 600 ml air tight container, and just spoon out the amount I fancy into a small bowl. It's one of my low carb staples! :p

Now do I get that mascarpone??:D
Pretty please....

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Ambersilva
You mean you don't want to share, bit you want me to!!! :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

I don't actually have a recipe as such for my pud, but it's a mixture of mascarpone, philadelphia full fat, or any other suitable cream cheese, (usually a whole small tub) warmed in the microwave a bit to soften, with enough thick cream to be able to lighten up the texture, (whipped double cream works too), some Sukrin "icing sugar" to taste, and whatever I fancy adding in the way of flavours, and mix it all together. So:
  • coffee granules, and a few chopped walnuts, maybe a few drops of coffee essence (but add the nuts later if making a batch, to save them getting soggy!)
  • cocoa powder and cinnamon, and maybe a few drops of chocolate, orange, or peppermint essence
  • as is with fresh lemon juice and zest
  • with berries - you can mash them in and it looks all pretty pink or purple, but I usually just add a dollop to my bowl of (whole) berries
I also sometimes add a some ground almonds to the basic mix, which makes it a bit more like a sort of rich muesli than a mousse type mix.

I often add a piece of almond shortcake if I'm extra hungry, and a little also works as a topping, filling, or just a side serving, with a muffin.

I make and keep it in the fridge in a 300 or 600 ml air tight container, and just spoon out the amount I fancy into a small bowl. It's one of my low carb staples! :p

Now do I get that mascarpone??:D
Pretty please....

Robbity

Oh yes. But, on one condition. I shall come round to yours to sample your recipes and I'll bring a pot of Philadelphia Duo Cremoso Garlic and Fine Herbs for starters.