Breakfast

Lea76

Hiya I'm trying to do low carb but I struggle with breakfast. I need something I can eat on the go and ideally make the night before so I can eat it at work. I tend to just have a breakfast bar but I know they have a high carb content.
Any ideas/recipes will be most welcomed :)
Thank you

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Lea, I'll 'bump' your post up the forum in the hope that you get some replies.

Reactions: 2 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
How about scotch eggs, obviously without the breading? Or cook a few sausages - grab and go. A modified frittata. Just a few ideas.

Silver5374

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I was the same as you but I have been having the breakfast muffins that have been posted on here, 6 eggs, adding some ham or bacon, onion and a bit of a cheese, put in a muffin tin, 20 mins in oven and that's enough for 3 or 4 days, store in fridge. Excellent cold.

Now looking for something else as easy as a bit of variety, don't want to go back down the cereal/cereal bar route, too many carbs.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Chia pudding with berries and nuts
Boiled egg with a blob of mayonnaise

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are running late and/or haven't prepared the night before, you could try substituting a 9Bar for the breakfast bar. Much lower in carbs, filling, delicious and good on the run. Can you tell I'm a fan ? :D

You can find these in the " Free From" section in most supermarkets, but check the info on the back of the pack as some varieties are slightly higher in carb than others , and this may make a difference if you are bolusing . ( I can't tell if you are using insulin or not )

Signy