Advice on recipe

Silver5374

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, my wife has been looking for alternatives for breakfast for me as much as I enjoy the egg muffin recipe someone posted on here, I am such a fussy eater that when I eat the same thing day in day out I end up starting to feel sick at the thought of it then I don't eat anything, which I no is not an option and I have been doing well on lchf I don't want to start taking cereal to work with me for breakfast.
Anyway she came across this recipe and we wondered if any of you nice people on here had tried it or had an alternative recipe?

Zero Carb Flax Bread
Ingredients
2 cups flax seed
5 egg whites
2 whole eggs
5 tablespoons flax oil, coconut oil, or olive oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
3 packets Stevia
Directions
Mix all dry ingredients then add the wet. Whisk together and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. This recipe can also be made into muffins: divide batter into muffin pans and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
A sweet chocolate bread can be made by adding Capella Flavor Drops. Some other awesome additions are pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and protein powder flavor of choice. Great topped with almond or peanut butter!
Nutrition info per serving (1 serving/1 slice)
145 cal, 11 g fat, less than 1 g carbs, 6.5g protein
Yes, heavy on the cals in my opinion (but it’s coming from the flax seed). If you want less than a carb per slice, here’s your answer!
Recipe borrowed from: http://www.theezwhey.com/page1/page1.html

Read more at http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2011/03/09/no-carb-bread/#l9oHQQXuqi3bvMyb.99

Thanks

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi everyone, my wife has been looking for alternatives for breakfast for me as much as I enjoy the egg muffin recipe someone posted on here, I am such a fussy eater that when I eat the same thing day in day out I end up starting to feel sick at the thought of it then I don't eat anything, which I no is not an option and I have been doing well on lchf I don't want to start taking cereal to work with me for breakfast.
Anyway she came across this recipe and we wondered if any of you nice people on here had tried it or had an alternative recipe?

Zero Carb Flax Bread
Ingredients
2 cups flax seed
5 egg whites
2 whole eggs
5 tablespoons flax oil, coconut oil, or olive oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
3 packets Stevia
Directions
Mix all dry ingredients then add the wet. Whisk together and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. This recipe can also be made into muffins: divide batter into muffin pans and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
A sweet chocolate bread can be made by adding Capella Flavor Drops. Some other awesome additions are pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and protein powder flavor of choice. Great topped with almond or peanut butter!
Nutrition info per serving (1 serving/1 slice)
145 cal, 11 g fat, less than 1 g carbs, 6.5g protein
Yes, heavy on the cals in my opinion (but it’s coming from the flax seed). If you want less than a carb per slice, here’s your answer!
Recipe borrowed from: http://www.theezwhey.com/page1/page1.html

Read more at http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2011/03/09/no-carb-bread/#l9oHQQXuqi3bvMyb.99

Thanks
Hi silver5374, my receipe is 2 eggs beaten add a tablespoon of almond flour and another of ground flax seed,( add any spice you like at this stage) give it a good mix then into a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, cook for five minutes on moderate heat, then under a moderate grill to finish for four more minutes, i usually slice it through and put my fav' filling like garlic and herb cream cheese.

Reactions: 2 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Hi silver5374, my receipe is 2 eggs beaten add a tablespoon of almond flour and another of ground flax seed,( add any spice you like at this stage) give it a good mix then into a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, cook for five minutes on moderate heat, then under a moderate grill to finish for four more minutes, i usually slice it through and put my fav' filling like garlic and herb cream cheese.
Could I use ground almonds for this please as I have loads and get buy almond flour locally, thanks

Silver5374

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Clivethedrive
Going to try yours tomorrow as that seems very quick and easy.
Thanks

Reactions: 2 people

Silver5374

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone just to let you know we tried the low carb bread recipe above and it is actually very nice. Cooked it for and extra 30 mins at a lower temperature and it slices fine. Think it would be nice toasted just to give that crispness but all in all nice to spread some egg mayo on for breakfast.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi everyone just to let you know we tried the low carb bread recipe above and it is actually very nice. Cooked it for and extra 30 mins at a lower temperature and it slices fine. Think it would be nice toasted just to give that crispness but all in all nice to spread some egg mayo on for breakfast.
Happy you like it , now for some with avocado and prawns...it's a hard life init::))