Alan22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude people
Hi

In the past week my right calf area has been giving me some pain. At first it came and went but by Thursday/Friday my calf had swollen up and was 1 inch bigger than the other and was very warm to touch. So on Saturday I went to a walk in clinic who referred me to the A&E. Blood tests was taken, which indicated a blood clot. So today I had an appointment to scan the top part of my leg and this came back negative. I haven't done anything out the ordinary no flying no prolonged lying in bed etc... So now I have been sent home none the wiser and have to go back next week to have both legs scanned. They didn't even scan the area that is hurting. And I'm still in a lot of discomfort. Anyone else had these problems.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just as well you had the good sense to go and get checked out Alan, hope things work out well and the discomfort eases off soon.

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Hi

In the past week my right calf area has been giving me some pain. At first it came and went but by Thursday/Friday my calf had swollen up and was 1 inch bigger than the other and was very warm to touch. So on Saturday I went to a walk in clinic who referred me to the A&E. Blood tests was taken, which indicated a blood clot. So today I had an appointment to scan the top part of my leg and this came back negative. I haven't done anything out the ordinary no flying no prolonged lying in bed etc... So now I have been sent home none the wiser and have to go back next week to have both legs scanned. They didn't even scan the area that is hurting. And I'm still in a lot of discomfort. Anyone else had these problems.
That sounds very unpleasant and a little scary. I do get a lot of pain in my calf but it has never swollen. I can only suggest you give it a couple of days and go see your gp if only to ease your mind, sorry I can't be of more help but if the scan was clear I don't think you have much to worry about...unpleasant all the same

Alan22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude people
Thanks for the words guys really appreciated. Will let you know how it goes.