The SCREAM thread

G

gemma6549

Back in the late 90's while recording an album with the band I was in at the time. We borrowed an old Vox? guitar amp said to be used by Hendrix..
It caught fire while in session & had to be dragged outside. While it smouldered I took a "poleroid" of it...

I used to be in a band called "Lynchpin" Lol. We were the West country's answer to Slipknot. But ugly enough to not need the masks... :p

I saw slipknot a few times in concert at Oz fest many years back, I also designed a model stage set for them for A level design!!

Reactions: 6 people

Blondie153

Best friend went to have lunch with his twin sister. While there she said her daughter had been unwell had lost weight etc. He had his daughter's testing kit with him and tested the child bg 33 has just been admitted to hosp with type 1 (very loud scream at the unfairness of it!)

Reactions: 5 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain have a lot to answer for!
I've seen them on stage; they're brilliant, albeit a bit less ragged than the Uke Jam.

As well as having made the Ramones turn in their graves, SUJ have also had a go at the Vaccines :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that a scream of joy I hear ;)
Well I never actually thought of that - I'd just assumed that this was a thread for all our miseries and moans to be vented very vociferously! :wideyed:

So a rather belated

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WAAAAYYYY HAAAAYYYY
AND SUNDRY OTHER HAPPY NOISES!

Robbity

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My friends son is in a West County band called codex alimentarius. Not my thing at all :(

Exeter based? I just checked em out... Sort of Meshuggah meets Mudvayne... Not a bad shout in my opinion... ;)

The vocals sound a little like Devin Townsend I fancy...

I have to be honest.. (No disrespect to RRB who set this thread up.) until you have entered a "mosh pit" (slam dancing in old Punk language.) been knocked flat by a guy 8 times your weight, pulled back up & given a "manly hug" by the dude for avin a go.. Nothing beats it for realising your not the only person with angst.! A brief reconciliation & exchanged respect puts the world straight... Till next time... Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Mega scream here , my Doctor has just rung and is referring me to a cardio vascular consultant at hospital for my naughty BP which refuses to behave itself . Despite taking Atenolol , Ace Inhibitors , Calcium Channel blockers etc . my latest was 170/90. it has been higher . I am convinced that I get white coat syndrome but admit that it always has been high , even home readings have scared me to death at times . I exercise regularly , eat a very healthy diet , don't drink much alcohol etc . so heaven knows why it is so troublesome . My husband is causing concern at the moment , he sees a cerebrovascular consultant tomorrow as he had a bleed on the brain several months ago , this, coupled with his severe physical disabilities makes me thing the pair of us are long past our best before dates :):) As a last resort , I am going to look into breathing and relaxation exercises , so if I am missing for a long time , I may well be asleep ;)

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mega scream here , my Doctor has just rung and is referring me to a cardio vascular consultant at hospital for my naughty BP which refuses to behave itself . Despite taking Atenolol , Ace Inhibitors , Calcium Channel blockers etc . my latest was 170/90. it has been higher . I am convinced that I get white coat syndrome but admit that it always has been high , even home readings have scared me to death at times . I exercise regularly , eat a very healthy diet , don't drink much alcohol etc . so heaven knows why it is so troublesome . My husband is causing concern at the moment , he sees a cerebrovascular consultant tomorrow as he had a bleed on the brain several months ago , this, coupled with his severe physical disabilities makes me thing the pair of us are long past our best before dates :):) As a last resort , I am going to look into breathing and relaxation exercises , so if I am missing for a long time , I may well be asleep ;)

Have you tried Yoga, it can be very beneficial to the mind and body.

So sorry to hear of your hubby, But I'm sure you both have a long best before date that will go on for years, and years and years X

This is the place for a good ole scream, pop in any time, everyone is welcome :)
Take care RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just a little moany scream.................. not being a driver, sometimes, drives me nuts :arghh: there, all done.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being a driver for the last forty years yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Actually, can I ask if a person can drive 'one handed' with not much use of one of them, just a thought, or would it have to be an automatic vehicle ??

S

Sable_Jan

Hope all goes ok for hubby and you get sorted soon..... I tense up the minute the cuff gets tight. Ask if you can have a 24 hour monitor and have your bp taken at surgery with the old fashioned hand pumped reader. Know the name but can't spell it ;)

S

Sable_Jan

Actually, can I ask if a person can drive 'one handed' with not much use of one of them, just a thought, or would it have to be an automatic vehicle ??
Probably have to be automatic and you can get a knob to attach to the steering wheel for one handed driving... Driving instructor told me abt them as a one armed guy was taking his test same day as me...

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

I guess that it would depend on whether its your right hand or left and exactly how much movement you have in that hand and how much pain you have. You need enough movement in your left hand to be able to hold on to and move the gear stick without pain, you need enough movement and strength to hold the steering wheel with your right hand without pain. I have a drivers mate knob on my steering wheel, got it from a disability shop, enables me to turn the wheel without putting pressure on my shoulder.

N

NicolaB70

Roadworks, aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh. Had letter pushed through door couple of weeks ago informing us that our road will be closed from 23/4/15 - 29/4/15 for resurfacing and no parking from 07:00 - 18:00 ( we live on a main busy road). Moved cars onto a nearby side street last Tuesday and hey they still haven't started!! They put up signs on Saturday saying no parking Monday - Wednesday between the above hours. Knocked on doors this morning asking people to move their cars, once cleared a road sweeper has been up and down a couple of times and that's about it. Cars are now parking back out there as nothing's been done!

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
RRBI am a driver and it sometime drives me mad :arghh: especially inconsiderate drivers like the one who put a slight dent in my car door at Tesco today (very slight but.....) The cost of insurance, road tax, mot' s and servicing, the fluctuating cost of petrol, replacement of tyres and the "oh could you take me" at inconvenient times, the amount of traffic on the roads, potential hazards like kids with headphones on walking across in front a moving car, the idiot drivers out there, the cons are endless and I sometimes wish I didn' t drive. :inpain:
I am lucky to have my car and able to fund it but sometimes I wonder if it's worth all the hassle:banghead:
But with you doing so much travelling to jobs and taking your teenager to Guides etc why not have a go!!

Edited after reading other posts. Your Hand will get stronger, I had not been driving long when I had the RSD and yes, it took a while to recover but there are aids available, you could do it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Probably have to be automatic and you can get a knob to attach to the steering wheel for one handed driving... Driving instructor told me abt them as a one armed guy was taking his test same day as me...

ROFL, sorry, I am looking at the word knob and keep laughing........................no idea why :hilarious:

ps I hope the one armed guy passed his test, good for him :)

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I lost my driving licence when I lost my sight-unsurprisingly- and I can confirm that as a pedestrian there are a lot more kn*bs behind the wheel than attached to it ;)