tattoo ideas

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey guys :) so heres the story im turning 21 this year (AHH SCARY!) and my mum has said she'll pay for me to get a tattoo if i want one for my birthday and i really do but i dont know what to get.. Anyone got any tips or ideas?
Novowolf

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't make any specific suggestions as to design or location, but:

Think long and hard about the fact that you are making a permanent change to the appearance of part of your body: will you want to have it for the rest of your life? Will it look as cool on 70 year old skin as it does on a 20 year old?

Personally I'd avoid having it anywhere visible - tats can be a major turn-off to prospective employers - and fathers-in-law :)

What size of design do you want? The bigger it is the more expensive/painful/ineradicable it will be

However wonderful s/he may be, DON'T have the name of the current love of your life tattooed on you: unlike herpes, love isn't necessarily forever. However, if you must have it, and want it done in an exotic foreign script, make sure the Tattooist doesn't misspell the name, as famously happened to David Beckham

If you want to see something really wrong, try Googling "Puff the magic dragon tattoo" - but perhaps not when your mum's in the room :eek:

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
imgres.png This would look good !

Reactions: 3 people
C

chris lowe

You need to choose something that reflects you as a person, any particular hobbies or interests? The suggestion to keep it under wraps is sensible, some place that isn't too obvious but you can show off when you want like the top of your arms/torso/shoulders etc. Son has a full sleeve and if he's wearing short sleeves and goes into a restaurant you can see waiters looking at it and wondering if he's going to be trouble. Popular designs are the lotus flower/koi carp designs. If you've got an idea for a subject google for pictures, there are thousands of them and a good artist will adapt the design to suit you rather than copy slavishly. Also check out your local studio and see what sort of work they do. The last one I had done (got 5 now) took 3 hours and the last hour was really bad, so if it's a complicated design it may be best to have it done in two sessions. another thing to bear in mind is cost. Artist will charge anything from £40 upwards. Son wants one done by a guy in Belfast who charges £100 an hours. Don't forget to let us see it when done. Almost forgot - monitor your levels as it may affect them when it's being done