Tai Chi

sophiebruno

It was just confirmed today that i'm diabetic, it's come as a shock and i'm very upset like everyone I guess when you just find out. But I am trying to be positive, My job has a postal worker involves a lot of walking but I need to lose a fair bit of weight still so I am taking up Tai Chi and aqua aerobics, I have been told this type of exercise is good for reducing things like stress which I am signed off work with at the moment, also high blood pressure and for diabetes, So its a case of wait and see

Steam Engineer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, I have been attending Tai Chi classes for over five years now, and it does help with stress.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good stuff, never done Tai Chi (almost did a few years back, but the class was cancelled)

I try and get at least one yoga session in each week and find it has similar benefits

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aqua aerobics is also great exercise - relatively high intensity, so burns lots of calories, while being in water means it's non weight beaing, which is good if you're carrying extra body weight and want to lessen pressure on leg joints when walking / running. Deep water running, initially wearing a life jacket in a public outdoor swimming pool, then indoors with a foam float belt, was a vital part of my recovery from a serious knee injury.

Hope you're fit, happy and back at work soon!