Ulcerative Colitis and Diabetes

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed type 2 last July and I have had ulcerative colitis nearly 30 years. I am currently having quite a bad colitis attack and all my tablets, and food, are passing straight through. I am now under 8 stone and still losing weight. Seen the doc and he has said that the steroids I usually have react with the diabetes and I would have to have insulin injections. I have no problem with this other than being really scared if my tablets continue to conflict. Is there anyone else out there with these two conditions that can put my mind at rest. Thank you.

Kaypos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi every one I'm new and I am really having a hard tine .ghave you heard/suffered from diabetic diarrheoa,it's crippling me ,I would really appreciate some feedback or advice on how to cope with this terrible affliction thanks

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi every one I'm new and I am really having a hard tine .ghave you heard/suffered from diabetic diarrheoa,it's crippling me ,I would really appreciate some feedback or advice on how to cope with this terrible affliction thanks
Have you been checked for Coeliac disease? It's more common in auto-immune diabetes.

Kaypos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
No I have not been tested I will mention that when I see the gastrentoligist in June,there is ha long wait to see him thankyou.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FODMAP and LCHF have similarities and both can be good for the gut. if on metformin this can cause gut problems too.

patchworks101

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being diabetic
I have Crohn's as well as being T1. I've found that the LCHF diet has worked wonders in managing the Crohn's. I still get 'epsodes' and always carry the necessary items with me in case I'm caught short but they've been getting less and less frequent since I startdd the LCHF diet. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 people