The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

I lost my driving licence when I lost my sight-unsurprisingly- and I can confirm that as a pedestrian there are a lot more kn*bs behind the wheel than attached to it ;)
How true.... Just passed an accident tonight, appeared to be just the one car driven straight into a wall opposite a road onto the one I was on....I was on a two lane either way main road... Not a divided dual carriageway proper so LOTS of width to have turned

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mega scream here , my Doctor has just rung and is referring me to a cardio vascular consultant at hospital for my naughty BP which refuses to behave itself . Despite taking Atenolol , Ace Inhibitors , Calcium Channel blockers etc . my latest was 170/90. it has been higher . I am convinced that I get white coat syndrome but admit that it always has been high , even home readings have scared me to death at times . I exercise regularly , eat a very healthy diet , don't drink much alcohol etc . so heaven knows why it is so troublesome . My husband is causing concern at the moment , he sees a cerebrovascular consultant tomorrow as he had a bleed on the brain several months ago , this, coupled with his severe physical disabilities makes me thing the pair of us are long past our best before dates :):) As a last resort , I am going to look into breathing and relaxation exercises , so if I am missing for a long time , I may well be asleep ;)

Kate, apologies. I don't know much about you, so I could be way off beam here. How are your blood scores doing, and do you carry any weight? I'm not necessarily asking you to answer those questions "aloud", but please read on, for context.

I was completely a symptomatic for everything. I felt very well, but attended my GP for a periodic smear test (as we women do). Because of significant surgery in that general department, the test is always rather painful, but hey ho. It's only every few years, right? Anyway nurse then tells me it's a while since I've had my BP checked, and as they don't see me too often, she'd do it then. Result? Elevated reading - something like 180/100. The numbers are irrelevant; it was high.

No worries she pips up. Could you pop back and we'll check it another day? As "luck" would have it, I was due to attend again a few days later for some vaccination boosters, so it could be done then. On that occasion, the nurse declined to do my BP until,after she'd shot me full of 3 different toxins, despite me suggestion, and was shocked to find my BP elevated again. Cutting to the chase, by the time they checked for a third time, I was well and truly hacked off. Yes, it was also high.

I was sent for bloods to check my kidney function, and referred to see my GP to discuss "options".

Phone call - kidneys fine, but elevated glucose, and subsequent diagnosis of T2. It was agreed all the circumstances were somewhat bizarre, and as I was about to come overseas for a few months a few days later, I could be left to try D&E for my diabetes and that, and my BP could be looked at again when I got back to UK.

I amended my diet, trimmed up and as my bloods came into line, and I lost weight, my BP (which, to be fair was also elevated when I did readings at home), also came back into line. My BO now routinely runs around 105/70. It seems like my body was probably feeling the strain of my diabetes, even though I felt fine.

I have never taken any drugs for my diabetes, or BP, although I do have an ongoing dialogue about my lipid profiling.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Hi Willie, have you been assessed for fibromyalgia, the lack of sleep and foggy brain, fatigue...... I have it too.....have a look on fibromyalgia. Co.UK and check out the symptoms......

A very informative site Sable_Jan, I picked up some interesting info, in particular,
<quote>
What conditions may be related to fibromyalgia?
Some people who have fibromyalgia also report being affected by........

Chronic tiredness (fatigue).............................................................................Check
Headaches joint pain in various parts of their body........................................Check
Restless leg syndrome which causes spasms in either one or both legs....Check .......... :arghh:
(a few people report having spasms in the arms as well)..............................Check
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)........................................................................Check

Cough cough splutter screeeeam!!!!!
And they're only a sample of other niggles but, ya just gotta keep
throwing the meds down the throat and smiling
, don't you.

I'd have popped my clogs long before now if I didn't. :playful:

I've to to see the doctor soon, so I'll mention it.

Very helpful.

Thank you again.

willie. :)

Reactions: 5 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
AndBreathe , thanks for your reply . My BP has always been troublesome, even before Type2 diagnosis in 2009 . I have been taking atenolol for about 15 years now but recently have had other meds chucked in , in an attempt to keep the readings down . I am almost 68 years young , very active , am a carer for my husband and also walk at least 3 miles every day, often lots more . I am not drastically overweight, take a size 12/14 clothes , so am just at a loss as to know what else I can do myself to try and get the BP down . I do know that stress plays a big part , even though the BP is usually high , stress makes it hike alarmingly , hence the looking into relaxation methods , but thank you for your reply , much appreciated :)

S

Sable_Jan

A very informative site Sable_Jan, I picked up some interesting info, in particular,
<quote>

Chronic tiredness (fatigue).............................................................................Check
Headaches joint pain in various parts of their body........................................Check
Restless leg syndrome which causes spasms in either one or both legs....Check .......... :arghh:
(a few people report having spasms in the arms as well)..............................Check
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)........................................................................Check

, don't you.

Very helpful.

Thank you again.

No probs Willie .... Hope all goes well at the next consult x

Reactions: 4 people
C

chris lowe

Mega scream here , my Doctor has just rung and is referring me to a cardio vascular consultant at hospital for my naughty BP which refuses to behave itself . Despite taking Atenolol , Ace Inhibitors , Calcium Channel blockers etc . my latest was 170/90. it has been higher . I am convinced that I get white coat syndrome but admit that it always has been high , even home readings have scared me to death at times . I exercise regularly , eat a very healthy diet , don't drink much alcohol etc . so heaven knows why it is so troublesome . My husband is causing concern at the moment , he sees a cerebrovascular consultant tomorrow as he had a bleed on the brain several months ago , this, coupled with his severe physical disabilities makes me thing the pair of us are long past our best before dates :):) As a last resort , I am going to look into breathing and relaxation exercises , so if I am missing for a long time , I may well be asleep ;)
Sorry to hear that both you and the hubby are going through it. Much as we moan about it, the NHS is pretty wonderful (most of the time) Wishing you all the best with appointments.

Reactions: 6 people
C

chris lowe

I couldn't do it now, its the cost mainly and the ever increasing lunatics on the roads and not having the confidence to learn.
You could do anything you set your mind to I'm sure, but it's not for everyone and as long as you can get around to where you need.........:)

Reactions: 6 people
C

chris lowe

Roadworks, aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh. Had letter pushed through door couple of weeks ago informing us that our road will be closed from 23/4/15 - 29/4/15 for resurfacing and no parking from 07:00 - 18:00 ( we live on a main busy road). Moved cars onto a nearby side street last Tuesday and hey they still haven't started!! They put up signs on Saturday saying no parking Monday - Wednesday between the above hours. Knocked on doors this morning asking people to move their cars, once cleared a road sweeper has been up and down a couple of times and that's about it. Cars are now parking back out there as nothing's been done!
Parking in side streets! I live by the railway station and some (unmentionable) person parked their car in the road, went tover to the station and left the car there for two weeks. By the time I bumpted into the local plod and explained to them (with no tax disc now theres no way of knowing if it was taxed, or even if it was stolen) they came back & packed their cases in the car and happily went off after enjoying their free parking. We've also go works going on, or rather not going on. The council have closed the footpath along the front of our houses because the wall at the end of the terrace is bowing out (only been like it for donkeys years). To explain, the houses front garden is held back by the wall which starts off about a foot hight and gets higher as the road goes under the railway bridge, so by the bridge it's about 8 ft high. First we had a letter from council, very helpfully giving us a copy of our deeds which showed our boundary is actually about 18 inches from the wall, so after much to-ing and fro-ing the council decided the wall doesn't belong to us, to them or the highways agency but in the interests of 'elf 'n safety they will do the work. Hence path is closed. Only thing is there's no footpath on other side so they've pt in a diversion for pedestrians that's a 15 minute walk all told. Most people if local know they can just cross the road and walk through railway station! Any way 6 weeks on, path is still blocked off & council haven't even got prices out to tender yet Grrrr :D

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

I'm not ill or anything, just filled up with anger, wont, or cant, say what it is, otherwise the floodgates may open and I may not be here :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
Screaming with you in support ...
Just watched the Victorians living as they did ... They supported each other ... So for my own reasons I am screaming ...in support ...
There that feels better ...:inpain:

K

Kat100

Parking in side streets! I live by the railway station and some (unmentionable) person parked their car in the road, went tover to the station and left the car there for two weeks. By the time I bumpted into the local plod and explained to them (with no tax disc now theres no way of knowing if it was taxed, or even if it was stolen) they came back & packed their cases in the car and happily went off after enjoying their free parking. We've also go works going on, or rather not going on. The council have closed the footpath along the front of our houses because the wall at the end of the terrace is bowing out (only been like it for donkeys years). To explain, the houses front garden is held back by the wall which starts off about a foot hight and gets higher as the road goes under the railway bridge, so by the bridge it's about 8 ft high. First we had a letter from council, very helpfully giving us a copy of our deeds which showed our boundary is actually about 18 inches from the wall, so after much to-ing and fro-ing the council decided the wall doesn't belong to us, to them or the highways agency but in the interests of 'elf 'n safety they will do the work. Hence path is closed. Only thing is there's no footpath on other side so they've pt in a diversion for pedestrians that's a 15 minute walk all told. Most people if local know they can just cross the road and walk through railway station! Any way 6 weeks on, path is still blocked off & council haven't even got prices out to tender yet Grrrr :D
That's a good scream Chris ... X

K

Kat100

<quote>

, don't you.

Very helpful.

Thank you again.

I am chronic fatigue willie it can be such a pain at times ... The tiredness ... Awful ... But you just sort of try to keep going , like everything else ;)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Well I am falling to bits lol, na nite Kat. :)

Reactions: 8 people