Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I was 5.5 this morning after a 5.3 bedtime reading. Funny how I don't feel the need to re-test if my numbers are a bit lower than my 'normal' ! :D

Reactions: 20 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
5.3 this morning after doing my usual and waking up at 4.30. Just once a complete nights sleep would be nice.

And its pretty chilly though sunny. Heatings gone on for the first time in a month.

Reactions: 18 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
6.5 mmol / L this morning.
5.2 mmol / L at bed time.
Not bad considering bed time was past 1am! ;)

Reactions: 19 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.9 I'm pleased with that after the meal I had last at hungry horse yummy:). Off to knit and natter this sunny morning

Reactions: 23 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 am, after 6.1 last night, had some late evening fool, which I had forgotten about.....

Reactions: 19 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm back! After 5 weeks of stress and going completely off track with my diet I am now back in the right frame of mind and being very careful with my carbs. I am dreading my next hbac in case I have spoilt all my previous good work. It's due in May. My fasting blood was 6.1 at 6.00am and 5.4 at 8.00 when I had breakfast. Have hardly tested these last few weeks, to be honest I've hardly dared:nailbiting:

Reactions: 16 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm back! After 5 weeks of stress and going completely off track with my diet I am now back in the right frame of mind and being very careful with my carbs. I am dreading my next hbac in case I have spoilt all my previous good work. It's due in May. My fasting blood was 6.1 at 6.00am and 5.4 at 8.00 when I had breakfast. Have hardly tested these last few weeks, to be honest I've hardly dared:nailbiting:
Back is good! Go gently on yourself, stress is very hard.

Reactions: 7 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
6.5 back in the land of testing....prescription strips now on repeat ;)

Reactions: 18 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At diagnosis I was above the middle of the acceptable Body Mass Index but, that's not necessarily a reliable indicator of health.

Severe prolonged stress messes with your hormones and eventually leads to adrenal fatigue. One of the hormones affected is insulin which stores excess blood glucose as fat. I suspect this increased my intradominal (sp?) fat which caused my insulin resistance and therefore type 2 Diabetes.
Well that answers a lot. I've had nothing but stress at work since a new boss started 2 years ago, then last summer we got flooded out of our apartment and had to live in a hotel for 3 months, just after that I was diagnosed with T2.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your not wrong Hankjam, methinks a change is on the cards in the work department.trouble is at 56 its hard to change career paths
Snap, 57 here and no one round here is going to pay me what my current employer does.... wish you well.

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

Merrylizard1314

That's excellent. Have you tested pre and post meals? Much weight left to lose?

Thanks for that. Yes, I do test pre and post meals and I am staying under 5.6 at the high end and usually in the mid 4s the rest of the time. My weight is a problem as I have gone past my goal weight by several kilos.

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.