Friends/Advice T1 - Age: 18-21

Mikeylulz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

My name is Mikey and I am 20 years old from North East England.
I have had diabetes type one for ten months now, I was diagnosed when I was 19.
I am basically looking for anybody around my age who will understand me better than I will as I have tons of questions about type one and generally living with it socially.
I would appreciate any response.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Mikey

Reactions: 4 people

reamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening. I'm Rea.
I'm 22 and have had diabetes for 9 years now. And I can write the book on what not to do ;)
But if you want to ask anything just drop me a message, I'm friendly enough.

Reactions: 2 people

Mikeylulz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Billy,

Unfortunate to hear that, however you have came to the right place.
Only been on the forums the past day and I have learnt loads.

If you ever need any help I will gladly share what I know. Free of charge too

Mikey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Free of charge! Perfect and ill surely be asking questions but I think we both need to be asking them before picking each other's brains ha :) and thank you. Mickyluz I am sure this will help us both :)

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Bit older than you guys at 34, but in the same T1 boat. Diagnosed September last year, any questions ask away and I will help

amar1921

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, my name is Amar and I am 18 years old. I was diagnosed in May 2014 and it's always great to speak with other diabetics, so feel free to message me whenever you want

Ilana

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mikey, I'm 17 and I also have T1. I've been in some pretty sticky social situations where people have freaked out because of my injection pen so maybe I can help?

Signe_Kirk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello Mikey :)
My name is Signe and I'm 17. I live in Denmark and I've been diabetic for a about 5 years now, it's a struggle but its gets easier as the years go by ;) , Though I'm a bit younger than you I would really like to talk to you and help you answer the crazy amount of questions that comes with a diagnosis like type 1 :) So yeah, feel free to message me!

Hey Mikey! I'm 19 nearly 20, T1 since I was 9, from Bristol.. you'll never ever know everything about diabetes, you'll always make mistakes, but we are all here to help! I haven't been on here long and this is my first reply message but I have loved reading through everything! I'm happy to help with any questions if you have any!! The hardest thing I found about being diabetic is no one fully understands unless they are also diabetic, happy to listen to any rants you might have or when you're having a down day we are all here! Danielle x

blink

Hi fellow Mikey I'm Mike (used to be called Mikey all the time) I'm 32 and have been diabetic since May 1999 so just past my 16 years now. I know I'm older but happy to help with any questions you have if I can. I've been through loads with my diabetes a lot of it down to my own fault so can tell you loads about why not to do some things. I'll stop rambling now as I say any questions just give me a shout. That goes for everyone!

Muggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Mikey, i'm Meg, i'm 18 and have had diabetes for 10 years now, feel free to message me to ask any questions or even just for a chat :)

SerenaArthurs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heyy Mikey, I'm Serena...I'm 18 and I have been type 1 diabetic for 14 years now... I have made a few mistakes in my time as we all do, but if you do have any questions feel free to ask away! :D

becky.ford93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey there, may be a little late to this now! I'm 21 and only diagnosed for three months, totally get the whole "why does no one else my age have this..." feeling!! Though by the looks of it there's plenty of us on here :)

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @Mikeylulz and everyone else.

I'm 24 and diagnosed about 8/9 weeks ago. You are right @becky.ford93, sometimes we feel like we are the only person who has to deal with this on a daily basis yet all of us manage it every single day. We might not know everything but we sure give it our best day after day :):headphone:

Kathrynalison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya!!! I'm 21 and been td1 since I was 14... Trust me there's plenty of us around!! Plus I found my wonderful boyfriend Paul and he's also td1!!! It's just not the first thing you tell people when meeting new friends I suppose x

Gabbs27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 22 years old, and had diabetes for 21 years, so literally I've had it all my life and been through everything diabetes as a condition can throw at you! Message if needed :) xx

jakejayeden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 18, had it for nearly 10 years. I'm not perfect when it comes to control, and I'll never admit to being. If need help, advice or anything to do with checking the legitamacy of 'natural cures and products' let me know.

serajane1996

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi! I'm Sera; I'm 18 and from North Wales. I was diagnosed with T1 over two years ago, and was wondering how you are managing so far? Some people say it gets easier, but it hasn't so far for me... I'm just more used to it! I'm definitely not an expert, but feel free to message me