It's a girl, apparently

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
William and Kate have a baby daughter. I offer them my congratulations, though I'm a die-hard republican.

It's a good thing she wasn't born on Star Wars Day ("May the Fourth be with you") or they'd have had to call her Princess Leia :D

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Tomorrow is my grown up daughter's birthday, she was due on Saturday 1 st May and arrived at 8.45am, Bank holiday Monday, 3rd, so only 2 days 'late'
I am always pleased when any birth is a safe and healthy one, always good news and at 8 lb 3, that's a size :wideyed: :dummy1:

Reactions: 3 people

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
happy enuff 4 them but in other news thats not as important 2 the press apparently,,,rio ferdinands wife has died of cancer at 34 leavin 3 small children and ppl buyin flowers 4 kate is more important than helpin ppl in nepal :( can u tell im not into royal family?

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
happy enuff 4 them but in other news thats not as important 2 the press apparently,,,rio ferdinands wife has died of cancer at 34 leavin 3 small children and ppl buyin flowers 4 kate is more important than helpin ppl in nepal :( can u tell im not into royal family?

That is very sad news, my heart goes out to the Ferinand's family, so, so sad.
As for the devastating news about Nepal, we don't really know what others are doing to help.
RRB

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is very sad news, my heart goes out to the Ferinand's family, so, so sad.
As for the devastating news about Nepal, we don't really know what others are doing to help.
RRB
There's certainly a rescue squad of emergency workers from the UK, who flew out to India soon after the earthquake became known about and who then sat at an airport kicking their heels for a day or so because they couldn't fly into Katmandu, because the airport was damaged by the tremors. Often these tragedies are shaped as much by inaccessible terrain and logistical problems as they are by the immediate events.

UK Government has already despatched immediate aid supplies to Nepal and the main disaster relief charities in the UK are getting together to co-ordinate their response.

In spite of my republican sympathies, I don't think there's much more that can be done at present, though if anyone on here is contemplating sending flowers to Kate and the baby, maybe they could, instead make a donation to the joint agencies disaster appeal that is no doubt about to be launched (or, indeed, may already have been launched), rather than buying something that will probably end up being a disposal headache for Westminster Council :)

Yes, very sad about Rio Ferdinand's wife though I'm not sure it would have made the front pages, even on a quiet news day ......

Reactions: 5 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
The news of a new baby, royal or common is always good and cheerful news, good to know mum and baby are safe and well So pleased for them
So, so sad to hear of the death of Ferdinands wife, so young too, my heart goes out to the family

Reactions: 7 people
C

chris lowe

So sad about Rio Ferdinands wife, always a tragedy but when they are so young it's tragic. I've already posted my thoughts on William & Kate on the What are you doing now thread so won't repeat it. I sent my donation to the releif fund, but don't whatever you do send a donation via text. My friend did that and was inundated with calls & texts asking her to donate more. :(

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
don't whatever you do send a donation via text. My friend did that and was inundated with calls & texts asking her to donate more. :(
That happened to my wife as well, and she has vowed never to make a donation by text again.

That worked well, then........ :mad:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Another one who's genes will have to be protected.
How on earth have they managed to protect this genetic line for hundreds upon hundreds of years and hope to continue to be able to do so and ..... why?

Janiept

Expert
Another one who's genes will have to be protected.
How on earth have they managed to protect this genetic line for hundreds upon hundreds of years and hope to continue to be able to do so and ..... why?
Why?
Because we love them !

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Why?
Because we love them !
We?
We love people we've never met?
We've loved them for a thousand years and will for the next thousand?
Is this sane?

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We?
We love people we've never met?
We've loved them for a thousand years and will for the next thousand?
Is this sane?
Sanity doesn't come into it; it's just what we do. Not only the Royal Family but celebrities generally. For example, my daughter is besotted with Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Fearne Cotton, despite not knowing any of them. Modern media give us the illusion of personally knowing the rich and famous and, in the case of the Royal Family, there's an element of traditional subservience as well; it's a potent mix.

This is all getting a bit heavy for what started out as a cheap wisecrack about Star Wars :)

Reactions: 7 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Such awful news about Rio's wife.

Pleased for Kate & Will but don't understand all the hysteria.

Reactions: 4 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I would also say congratulations to any safe birth of a child and healthy mother.and Im please for Will and Kate even if I dont know them.
But the media do get on your nerves.going on and on.Its lazy news gathering.
A baby was burried at our Church last week.It will be realy hard for the parents.
And what about the thousands dead in Nepal and the awful news about Rios wife.

Reactions: 5 people
C

chris lowe

Tomorrow is my grown up daughter's birthday, she was due on Saturday 1 st May and arrived at 8.45am, Bank holiday Monday, 3rd, so only 2 days 'late'
I am always pleased when any birth is a safe and healthy one, always good news and at 8 lb 3, that's a size :wideyed: :dummy1:
Hope your daughter has had a happy birthday! :)8lb 3oz - a mere tiddler my son was 9lb 10oz ouch!!!:facepalm:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hope your daughter has had a happy birthday! :)8lb 3oz - a mere tiddler my son was 9lb 10oz ouch!!!:facepalm:

All three of mine, 6 lb 4 oz, 6 lb 1 1/2 o z and my teen 4 1/2 lb. I was told in 1982,, no way could I have larger baby ( over 7 lbs normal delivery) it makes my eyes water and makes me cross my legs :stop: :inpain: :nailbiting:

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
My daughter was 7lb 14 and 1/4 first son 8lb3oz second son 3 lb 7oz
You would think the 8lb3oz made my eyes water? No it was the 3lb 7oz he was classed dismature ie stopped growing at 7 months but was born at 9. Very lucky to have him, midwife thought she was delivering a still born so there were smiles all round when he cried....I cried, the midwife cried, consultant beamed. We had waited seven years for him and I still call him my baby son:rolleyes: even tho he's 40