Dexcom Sensors

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Several months ago (October?) I had a brief conversation with John Hughes of Advanced Therapeutics. I was saying that though I loved my Dexcom I found that some sensors were much better than others. He replied that part of the sensor manufacturing process was done by hand, accounting for this variation. He also said that Dexcom were moving to a fully automated process.

Today I was thinking that it's quite a while since I felt the need to do more than my standard two calibrations a day. I haven't kept a record but it certainly seems to me that recent sensors have been more reliable & consistent.

Perhaps I've just been lucky. Have other people noticed a difference?

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Today I was thinking that it's quite a while since I felt the need to do more than my standard two calibrations a day. I haven't kept a record but it certainly seems to me that recent sensors have been more reliable & consistent.

Perhaps I've just been lucky. Have other people noticed a difference?
Funny you should say that, yes I have noticed as well. Sensor I have in now was a bit off to say the least but battery on transmitter was on it's last legs. Having changed the transmitter all is working fine :)

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't used sensors for a while now but I would definitely say that the most recent batch I did use were much more reliable than the first few batches I ever used. So yes I would agree quality seems to be improving.

Reactions: 3 people

iHs

I noticed the other day that Medtronic have decided to team up with another company DreaMed to create the closed loop pancreas so its all gonna happen with any luck within the next few years. Lets hope theres plenty of 'dosh' to finance it:rolleyes: