Pump Lanyards

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Just a query I've been supplied with some flex and rapids for my Insight which are 90 degree insertion now I'm a Tenderlink kind of guy but their not available yet so I'll thought I'd give my arms a try so where can I get a lanyard for th pump to hang on my neck. I've been using my stomach for the last 15 years and the thought of pricking it with a drawing pin type thingy literally turns my stomach (excuse the pun).
I've looked on every where the pump manual says there's a port for it but couldn't find them on accu-chek site any suggestions ?

iHs

The 90 degree angle introducer needle (drawing pin?? Lol) is the same 'drawing pin' that you insert manually at a 30 degree angle with the Tenderlink. Its no different..

If you want a lanyard for the Insight, a cheap cost effective way is to buy a mobile phone wallet that hangs around the neck..... markets sell them and carboots as well. Ebay is also a good place as are the £££ shops.
For the Spirit Combo, Accuchek supplied a silicon skin which had pre cut holes in the back to attach a black clip to attach to waistbands etc. Ask if there is a skin and clip for the Insight...

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Brilliant stuff

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The 90 degree angle introducer needle (drawing pin?? Lol) is the same 'drawing pin' that you insert manually at a 30 degree angle with the Tenderlink. Its no different..

If you want a lanyard for the Insight, a cheap cost effective way is to buy a mobile phone wallet that hangs around the neck..... markets sell them and carboots as well. Ebay is also a good place as are the £££ shops.
For the Spirit Combo, Accuchek supplied a silicon skin which had pre cut holes in the back to attach a black clip to attach to waistbands etc. Ask if there is a skin and clip for the Insight...
Just had a look at the bits and bobs I got with pump and there's clips and bands etc. the reason I wanted something aroun the neck is as its my arms I'm going to be using, the flexilinks they've supplied aren't very long 70cm so I thought it would be ideal to get a pouch.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
DD uses some tubi grip and actually has the pump on her arm so that might be an option for you to consider.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
DD uses some tubi grip and actually has the pump on her arm so that might be an option for you to consider.
Yeh I did think that, would be a cheaper option!!

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used a neck strap purse if I'm at a gig or something as I think it's a little more secure, my pump is not something I want pickpocketed! It's worked a treat so far and cost £2.50 from ebay including postage (from Thailand so took a little while for delivery!) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polka-Dot...3&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=321289579522&rt=nc this was mine, I'm sure you can find something of an appropriate colour for you though!

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I used a neck strap purse if I'm at a gig or something as I think it's a little more secure, my pump is not something I want pickpocketed! It's worked a treat so far and cost £2.50 from ebay including postage (from Thailand so took a little while for delivery!) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polka-Dot...3&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=321289579522&rt=nc this was mine, I'm sure you can find something of an appropriate colour for you though!
Yeh that'll do the red or purple ones look alright. Going into town this week see what I can find if not it'll be good old eBay

iHs

If you live not far from Taplow , the lzrge csrboots sell pouches with neckbands in all colours. I bought a few Joovy pouches for a £1 each. Great for mobiles and pumps.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Found a I phone pouch on Amazon a bargain at 1.99 free p&p Bargain!!

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well my pouch arrived yesterday I can't believe how good a quality it is, it's very good I can put remote in and there's a Velcro strip on th flap to keep it all secure and the neck rope from which it hangs is sturdy but nice and soft as not to chafe on your neck. Well Impressed

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
I was looking at these 'neck pouches/purses' too, they look like a fab idea to carry your pump/handsets in! And that is a real bargain, glad it's really lovely quality! You can't really complain at that price either! ;-)

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
By the way you know you can order sets with longer tubes if length is a problem?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1431617849.079382.jpg

Got myself some knee high ladies socks today from poundland cut off the sock bit. Cut legs in half and hey presto a multi coloured pump cover for my arm!!

Reactions: 7 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
What a good idea and probably a more cost effective one as well !!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Infact I'm going to have to go back and get some more! If I'd left them long but just cut the feet off they are ideal to double over to put the clip on to for the insight pump! At a £1 each I can get dotty ones, striped or plain and be really snazzy now!!! So chuffed with myself!!