Approved Improving your glucose tablet experience

apmy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I'm trying out a new product idea and I need your help to validate if there is a market. I am a new entrepreneur who is married to a type 1 diabetic. I see many flaws in the current glucose tablet container design.

This survey will take 2 minutes or less of your time!

I appreciate all the help!!!!!!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BGFM992

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think this is an interesting idea.

Questions 7 and 8 you need to ask about the perceived benefits and disadvantages of metal vs plastic. And you need an option to pay nothing / wouldn't buy. For questions 9 and 10 you haven't really defined what product you are asking about.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry, I have some problems with the questions. I've never bought glucose tablets in any sort of container. Mine normally come in packets which disintegrate leaving sweet dust in my handbag or dissolving in the washing machine.
Yes, a container would be fine; as long as it fitted the tablets . I don't know how many dollars I would pay as I use Euros (and TBH could be bothered enough to look up the exchange rate!

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sorry, I have some problems with the questions. I've never bought glucose tablets in any sort of container. Mine normally come in packets which disintegrate leaving sweet dust in my handbag or dissolving in the washing machine.
Yes, a container would be fine; as long as it fitted the tablets . I don't know how many dollars I would pay as I use Euros (and TBH could be bothered enough to look up the exchange rate!

Can you not purchase Glucotabs in France Phoenix? The 10 tabs come in a plastic container and you can buy the tubs of 50 and restock the tube.

Reactions: 5 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I had a look at the survey and would suspect the poster is from the USA, so their products would be different to ours. Either that or we are more resourceful in how we store our glucose tablets :)

Reactions: 4 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I haven't read the survey as I've found the gluco tabs in containers very convenient. The only issue with gluco tabs is that they make me feel sick and dextrosol don't fit the container.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I haven't read the survey as I've found the gluco tabs in containers very convenient. The only issue with gluco tabs is that they make me feel sick and dextrosol don't fit the container.
Fruit pastels fit very nicely in the tubes as well. :)
As a child I used to carry one of those spice containers with 2 sugar lumps in it. Some of the sugar lumps were interesting to say the least with the flavouring :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm trying out a new product idea and I need your help to validate if there is a market. I am a new entrepreneur who is married to a type 1 diabetic. I see many flaws in the current glucose tablet container design.

This survey will take 2 minutes or less of your time!

I appreciate all the help!!!!!!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BGFM992

How does your husband feel about the current GT packaging design..?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I know of a lovely young lady (still at school) that has just won an innovations award for designing a hypo belt sort of clip to put on belts or dashboards as it contains enough room to put in enough tabs or sweets etc to give 15g of carb and doesn't involve hunting round handbags etc...

Reactions: 3 people

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
4 glucose tabs fit into an empty test strip container and not too intrusive in the bottom of my handbag.

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
4 glucose tabs fit into an empty test strip container and not too intrusive in the bottom of my handbag.

Aah but what happens if you are out gardening as a job for example without handbag and pockets but just want a quick fix before having to walk back to car? Or out for a run?

It was thought off after seeing someone rummaging in a handbag for tabs. I thought a brilliant idea for a non diabetic child to think of..

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Aah but what happens if you are out gardening as a job for example without handbag and pockets but just want a quick fix before having to walk back to car? Or out for a run?

It was thought off after seeing someone rummaging in a handbag for tabs. I thought a brilliant idea for a non diabetic child to think of..
Hum. I don't own any trousers or shorts without pockets!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Lol, bumbags (or the American equivalent "***** pack".) has cornered that market for years....

Though like @tim2000s all items of clothing I own have ample pockets.

.. I even have a small open black back pack on hanging off the headrest on the front passenger seat to hold Lucozade stationary in my van.

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The pertinent part of my comment was my handbag. You'll have to make your own arrangements. :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hum. I don't own any trousers or shorts without pockets!

Lycra sports skorts.. No pockets
Leggings/jeggings.. No pockets..
Lycra running trousers no pockets inmine either!!

Guess you guys are lucky...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It was my consultants daughter that designed it..
The consultant saw a woman rummaging around in her bag for hypo stoppers and thought that such along time was spent trying to find them..and then the patient took too many.

Consultant concerned that length of time to find...and over dosing. It was the dsughter that has now won anInnovations award.