What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon, sausage, egg

L: strawbs, double cream, 1 square good choc and a Teeccino

D: will be roast chicken with assorted veg, and maybe some blueberries after. Thankfully I have finished the Thorntons, so back on the straight and narrow. ish.

How is it going @Viv0147 ? Any side effects of low carbing? :)
Trousers any looser?

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thank you Susikav, all WILL be okay!!

And I don't know how I'm doing all this cycling, but it feels great being out in the early morning with nature getting a lungful of fresh air, I'm hoping that this is the energy boost from LC, according to MFP I'm averaging around 35 carbs a day but my belly isn't going down yet :(
I'm sure it will go down soon... :) You've got a lot going on... patience... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I've recently started eating these! They're sooooo good although a little expensive. And I can't find them anywhere other than tesco!
Waitrose has them... and the lactose-free milk, cream and cream-cheese... so much better for you... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Todays Breakfast = 22 carbs 2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausage, 2 eggs,mushrooms,1 fried tomato 1 slice of Oopsie bread. I used the last of my Irish sausages they were the carb villains 14 carbs for 2 I have since bought Debbie & Andrews perfect pork sausages 5 carbs for 2 sausage's we live and learn.
I find it difficult to comprehend that this fabulous diet can help me lose weight I will know when I weigh in about 4 weeks but my blood sugar is averaging about 8 so that is a definite improvement
Hello Viv... it's difficult to believe, but if you stick with it, and keep your portions reasonable you will lose weight - honestly... :)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
On waking - 1/2 an avocado and a green tea

B 2 egg omelette with ham, spinach, cherry tomatoes, cheese & mushroom

L very late (16:30) half a cauliflower with blue cheese, cheddar & parmesan melted on top

D chicken massaman (no spuds) & cauliflower rice, pudding undecided again

C

CheeseJunkie

B wholemeal crispbread with piles of hummus, and some herring, coffee

L baked salmon with onions and loads of broccoli, and lashings of butter and black pepper

snack: walnuts, Brazil nuts, coconut shavings/chips, apple

D still thinking, probably a salad

The coconut shavings come in a big bag for 2 quid. Lots of fat, very little carbs. What's not to like :)
The crispbread I've found is Peter's Yard artisan crispbread. Pack of 20. I only have one a day, which is 6.8g of carb, and so less carb that equivalent oatcake and much less than a slice of bread.... but can be loaded with goodies.

Reactions: 4 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: greek yogurt, berries, handful of nut granola
L: skipped in anticipation of my dinner!
D: first try of the LC "domino's pizza" recipe. I made it with Carbalose flour and worked it out as 30g of carbs altogether, which I know is still high but it's about a quarter of what a shop-bought pizza would have been and it was delicious - definitely worth it as a Saturday night treat. Best of all my meter showed 4.7 pre meal, 6.1 at 1 hour and 5.5 at 2 hours! I'm one month into moderate-low carb and have lost 8lb so far :D:D:D

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B wholemeal crispbread with piles of hummus, and some herring, coffee

L baked salmon with onions and loads of broccoli, and lashings of butter and black pepper

snack: walnuts, Brazil nuts, coconut shavings/chips, apple

D still thinking, probably a salad

The coconut shavings come in a big bag for 2 quid. Lots of fat, very little carbs. What's not to like :)
The crispbread I've found is Peter's Yard artisan crispbread. Pack of 20. I only have one a day, which is 6.8g of carb, and so less carb that equivalent oatcake and much less than a slice of bread.... but can be loaded with goodies.
Sounds perfect to me... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: greek yogurt, berries, handful of nut granola
L: skipped in anticipation of my dinner!
D: first try of the LC "domino's pizza" recipe. I made it with Carbalose flour and worked it out as 30g of carbs altogether, which I know is still high but it's about a quarter of what a shop-bought pizza would have been and it was delicious - definitely worth it as a Saturday night treat. Best of all my meter showed 4.7 pre meal, 6.1 at 1 hour and 5.5 at 2 hours! I'm one month into moderate-low carb and have lost 8lb so far :D:D:D
Welcome Alzebra, and well done... It's interesting watching the results that come from your hard work, isn't it? :)

Reactions: 3 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: Slice of coconut/almond bread with Philly, avocado and two sliced cherry tomatoes
L: Big salad, few cubes of blue cheese and olives stuffed with almonds
D: Slice of bread as above with Philly, slice of ham and two eggs... and two glasses of red wine..
Teaspoon of peanut butter to sleep on, hoping for low fasting reading... 5.3 this am... :)

Reactions: 6 people
C

CheeseJunkie

B: fried, egg, 2 sausages, grilled tomato

L: a repeat of yesterday, with left-over salmon and broccoli

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying to get back on track.
Dinner. Roast beef; mashed cauliflower; roasted butternut squash and broccoli; cabbage peas n carrots; one tablespoon gravy. BG post 2h 6.8.

edIt. Perhaps conveniently forgot also had 2 yorkshire puds.

Last edited by a moderator:

PATRICK317

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)

PATRICK317

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)
I have eaten turkey wings, kale shake, and 2 eggs

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Yesterday was
B: bacon egg and sausage with an 11g carb croissant and quite a lot of butter. Very active after, so no spike at all. :)
L: not needed
S: fragment of 70% choc Easter egg shell
D: roast chicken breast, Mediterranean roast veg, baked field mushroom filled with spinach and 1/3 pack of Coop dauphinoise potatoes (approx 10 g carbs). All excellent except for the dauphinoise which were astonishingly bland. If I'm going to blow that many carbs at once, they should be special!

Reactions: 7 people

Tm6t7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Waiting for my breakfast :D sausage 97% version, bacon, eggs, tomato and mushrooms may even sneak in a slice of Bergen too..depends on how the plate looks:D don't think lunch will be required in the Mills house today.
Dinner will be the left over chicken from last night with a salad. Followed by Fage and blueberries...I have never eaten so healthily, in a way diabetes has been a life saver...no more 300+ g of carbs a day, I feel alive!!! :D

Reactions: 10 people
C

CheeseJunkie

I feel very alive too, Tm6t7.... Though on Saturday evening my body seemed to be saying 'where are my carbs?' for a couple of hours (I'm on day 13 or so of low carb, and it's very low carb)

Tm6t7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good for you @CheeseJunkie it's always weird when undergoing a change in lifestyle, have you got the Eat Fat book by Dr Trudi Deakin?
She has some great recipes and also explains the LCHF lifestyle clearly.
I find the chocolate cake recipe an absolute lifesaver when yearning for a carby hit. It's best served the following day , it's kind of 'matured' , moist, chocolatey and with a dollop of clotted cream and a coffee it's almost like being sat at a cake house in a bustling city while being enveloped in a sea of tranquility, watching the minions minioning (or whatever they do) or...yes it's lovely :D

trevoroq

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just started back on low carb after being off it for 5 months , in that time my b/g has risen slowly, but enough is enough , this morning coffee sweeteners skimmed milk ( until I have used it up the soya milk ) Nimble bread spread marinate , then 2 eggs crispy bacon and 3 mushrooms total so far today 20 g carbs ,aiming for 90-110 for a start then maybe reduce ,see how b/g goes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people