Possible placenta failure :( in hospital

Lolli24

So for a few days I can't my blood sugars to stay past 6! It took a litre bottle of Lucozade to get me out of a hypo last night and after a few hours went back down to 4! :( anyway went to triage and they decided to admit me for monitoring for the weekend so will see what my sugars do in the next few days and they will decide if she should come out or not

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The wife send her love and hopes all goes well. Sending positive thoughts to you.

Reactions: 2 people

jade88

I know it's hard but try to stay positive your in the best possible place! I'm sure they are taking good care of you! Sending you lots of hugs and kisses! xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You're in the best place. They can monitor you and baby and make sure everything's ok.

It must be horribly stressful for you *hug*

Keep calm and look after yourself, and reassure yourself you've done everything right by being in hospital.

Sending all my best wishes XX

Lolli24

Hi hun. They are talking about c section on Monday if things stay this way with the hypos! To be honest I can't see anything suddenly changing and I'm not sure I wanna take the risk. I won't know anything to today but it's looking like Monday is gonna be the day. I'm being kept in and monitored until then xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Lolli. Thank you for updating us : )

Better safe than sorry. I wouldn't take the risk either. I know a C section probably wouldnt be your first choice, but as long as you and the baby are OK then that's all that matters. Remember that Cloe on here had a C section recently and now has her dear little boy. So don't worry *hugs*

Look after yourself - and wishing you well if you don't get a chance to log in again before Monday. XX

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Lolli, hope you're doing ok. Thinking of you and our wee one and hope all goes ok over the rest of the weekend and Monday. As azure said, c-section may not have been what you wanted but better safe than sorry. Good luck and big hugs! Xxx

Lolli24

I don't really mind how she gets here I just want her here as safely as possible. I won't be taking any risks. This pregnancy has been hard enough and all I want is my little girl here safe and healthy. Thanks for the support xxxx

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck today Lolli, we're all thinking of you. X

Lolli24

Ok so I had my second steroid injection at 4am and it sent my sugars sky high which I knew so they have put me on a sliding scale which I'm not overly happy about as I feel as though I will probably crash now but I think ultimately it's for the best for my baby. But my consultant isn't in till tomorrow so they will decide then what's happening and the steroids should settle by then too xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Steroids scare me because they're known to make your blood sugar very high. But you're right - it is best for baby. Also, it's what's recommended. My consultant told me that if I went into labour before 36 wks I'd have to have steroid injections and they'd then monitor my sugars very carefully. She also mentioned a sliding scale.

Hopefully, your sugars will be under control very soon and you'll be able to get off the sliding scale.

I hope you're not feeling too tired (being woken at 4am for a steroid injection - not fun at all) and that today goes quickly for you if you're having to wait till your consultant's in tomorrow. I also hope your sugars aren't too high and aren't making you feel too rough.

Relax as much as you can and look after yourself. XX

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck with your consultant today, Lolli. I hope the high sugars have settled down a bit now.

Will be thinking of you. XX

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning, thinking of you today and fingers crossed everything goes well and safely.

Sending a big hug
hugs-4.jpg
X

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey lolli ,

How nasty are them steroid injections !!:eek:

Really hope your doing ok and everything is going well for both you and baby whatever decision was / had been made for you both .

Look forward to hearing from you on how your doing , look after yourself .

Sending massive hugs your way

xxx

Lolli24

Hey everyone! Thanks for the lovely messages! Obviously I'm still in hospital and induction has been booked for Friday morning when I'll be exactly 36 weeks. they said if it hasn't worked by Sunday then I'll have to have a c section not sure what to expect from a induction but not long until my little girl is here now xx

Croc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
No staying up to watch the election results. You'll need all the sleep while you can get it.

I bet you can't wait now.

jade88

Hey Lolli how exciting to know she'll be here in a few days! Bet it's nerve racking too! Good luck for Friday hope all goes smoothly your so close to the end now! Let us know how you get on! xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey everyone! Thanks for the lovely messages! Obviously I'm still in hospital and induction has been booked for Friday morning when I'll be exactly 36 weeks. they said if it hasn't worked by Sunday then I'll have to have a c section not sure what to expect from a induction but not long until my little girl is here now xx

Thanks for the update, Lolli. At least you know what's happening now.

Hopefully, your induction will go nice and smoothly and you can avoid the c section. My induction has been booked for just before 38 wks. Ive been told it'll start with a 24 hour pessary to soften the cervix, then hopefully labour will start. So it looks like they're giving you a reasonable length of time.

By the way, I'm 36 wks on Friday too : D It looks like you'll be first to meet your dear little baby though : D

I hope you're feeling ok in yourself after the steroids and all this worry and uncertainty. Friday will soon be here *hugs*