Early days and cramping

nmb264

Hello,

I thought I was getting my period as I had periods like cramps on Tuesday and Friday but a Clear Blue showed I am pregnant on Saturday!

My cramping has continued -It's not constant and I'm not bleeding. I am getting them though at least once a day. The Clinic is closed today with it being a bank holiday.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced cramping and what is 'severe'? When I read online about implantation cramping it said if 'severe' seek medical attention.

I've not had periods cramps for many years since being on the pill but I do remember them being quite bad and being sent home from school as I had very heavy periods.

Just feeling a bit anxious! I will be about 4-5 weeks.

Thanks

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I only had a few cramps in this pregnancy and mainly before I got my positive test. I did have them in my last two pregnancies in the first week or so after I missed my period. Everything was ok.

As catherinecherub said, if you're worried, ring for advice, and ring if you get any other symptoms.

But as I understand it cramps in early pregnancy aren't unusual at all. In fact, at one stage of this pregnancy I was worrying because I wasn't getting them!

Rest, keep well hydrated and just monitor the situation. It's not necessarily anything bad at all.

Reactions: 2 people

nmb264

I am a stress head anyway so i always read way to much into things. I'm the kind girl that googles a sore head! lol I'm calling the DSN first thing anyway..

Becky 123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 8w 5 days and counting. I have had cramping all the way through, it still worries me but I think if there is no bleeding it's a positive. But if you are really worried seek advise. if you are only 4-5 weeks they may not scan as you won't show a visible heart beat until 6 weeks it's so very hard. My advise put your feet up and try to relax. I know exactly how you feel. Good luck I'll be thinking of you

Reactions: 4 people

nmb264

Thanks Becky! Today I was fine until I got home from work and it only lasts about 10 minutes. I need to stop googling!!

sleepyheadzzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm 9 weeks 6 days. My only early sign of pregnancy was cramping - I also thought I was about to get my period but I usually only get cramps on the first day - after 3 days of cramps I took a test and got a positive. My cramping has continued off and on and hasn't been too severe - doesn't feel any worse than regular menstrual cramps and I've had no spotting. Neither my endo nor GP have been concerned about it.

I've read in a number of places that its often a sign you're not drinking enough water. When I feel them a lot I down a glass and it usually goes away within 30 minutes.

Reactions: 2 people