HbA1c @ 126...... So how bad was that ??

J

Jonnyjibbsuk

Ok....so now I have some of my eye sight back I have been able to read my discharge papers from when I went in for first time to hospital on DKA t1 ....
On there it says my HbA1C was at 126........

Is that good ...bad ....in the right place ???.
Prob bad ..anything with high numbers in medical stuff is all ways bad,..... But how bad ?????

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's very high, but not the worst I've seen.

The good news is that you can now set goals to bring it down, but don't aim to reduce it over a short period, rather view it as the long haul. Get it down in a sustainable way so you can keep it down. It's very early days since your diagnosis, but the fact that your eyesight has improved somewhat shows that there has been some improvement in your BG. Which you will notice on your meter.

You are obviously interested in showing the beast who is boss, so well done you :)

Signy

Reactions: 6 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Ok....so now I have some of my eye sight back I have been able to read my discharge papers from when I went in for first time to hospital on DKA t1 ....
On there it says my HbA1C was at 126........

Is that good ...bad ....in the right place ???.
Prob bad ..anything with high numbers in medical stuff is all ways bad,..... But how bad ?????
Hi, 119 is equal to 13 and that's has high as the chart I have goes.. So yes very bad or not good. You need to work on getting down to 48 and below if you can.
Things will gradually improve and hopefully you will soon start to feel so much better once you settle into a routine.

Reactions: 3 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Reactions: 6 people
J

Jonnyjibbsuk

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1430736346.907421.jpg
yep bg coming down and getting carb counting under control .....so ....do DAFNE at end of July ...so if can get it working now will be able to sharpen my skills on it at course .... Then with luck by time they do the H..thingy again it will drop

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Jon looks to me as if things have improved no end for you already. Well done those results are getting better as the days go on. :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
No ... from what I'm reading, those figures need major improvement. Read my profile numbers for comparisons if that helps and come back for advice but if I have this right, they are way too high and you need to address that now. .... from today / tomorrow if possible .....

You have a LOT of work in front of you, but yes, it can be done. Seen people here do it all the time. It'll take effort on your part (heaps of it) but you MUST take charge. This is no "read ''em and weep" message. It's advice. Learnt BY me but FROM the advice of those that have been thru this. You cannot muck around any longer. You CAN get those numbers down by 50% in quick time if you review your diet, your exercise regime and your weight. It'll take sacrifice, dedication, commitment and willpower. I did it (somewhat easily to my amazement,. but I'm one stubborn son of a gun) but you MUST keep rowing that damned lifeboat

Come back anytime and ask questions. I'll be here and so will MANY others to reach out their hand to help. You are NOT alone

Mike :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Well, just scrap that last message ......... :)

Great effort !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, just scrap that last message ......... :)

Great effort !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness you came back with this, Mike D - I was about to rant!

Well done Jonnyjibbsuk, you're heading in the right direction!

Reactions: 3 people
J

Jonnyjibbsuk

Pmsl @ Mike d
U so should go in to politics with rants like that son
I would vote for u lol
Brill ....
Well I have two months before I have my next H thingy looked at so .... Keep this up and will see eh

J

Jonnyjibbsuk

Hi, 119 is equal to 13 and that's has high as the chart I have goes.. So yes very bad or not good. You need to work on getting down to 48 and below if you can.
Things will gradually improve and hopefully you will soon start to feel so much better once you settle into a routine.

Dam I was of the scale huh
Well as Dj am always of the hook lol
Bad ... But had to be said ....
But doc was not laffing
She said when I went in to hospital that I
Was not far off being in ICU for a week or two
So...... Third week in about to hit forth
So yer.... Test on the H thingy won't be while but sure I will have gotten down lol

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Gotta allow for the passage of time to type a REALLY careful message do you not? You will NEVER know what comes up in between :)

Timezones and all that ... I only see what I see. A rant I do NOT need.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This is no "read ''em and weep" message. It's advice. Learnt BY me but FROM the advice of those that have been thru this. You cannot muck around any longer. You CAN get those numbers down by 50% in quick time if you review your diet, your exercise regime and your weight. It'll take sacrifice, dedication, commitment and willpower. I did it (somewhat easily to my amazement,. but I'm one stubborn son of a gun) but you MUST keep rowing that damned lifeboat

Hi Mike, may I point out that it's not recommended to get numbers down in quick time as this could cause problems with the eye blood vessels and could set of neuropathy. So slowly but surely is the name of the game esp when as high as Jon has been.

Reactions: 4 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Sounds like you will succeed as you are starting to do the right things. Don't forget that although on insulin you still need to keep the carbs down to avoid weight gain and insulin resistance which makes the insulin less efficient. I assume you are on Basal/Bolus and the hospital has helped you make adjustments at least to the Basal. The DAFNE should help with the Bolus ratio.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hi Mike, may I point out that it's not recommended to get numbers down in quick time as this could cause problems with the eye blood vessels and could set of neuropathy. So slowly but surely is the name of the game esp when as high as Jon has been.

Yep, agreed. My error :) When I "saw." a 126 (before clarification) I got worried for the OP

Reactions: 4 people