Prof Tim Noakes - Low Carbers, Please Show Your Support

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Diet Doctor posted the following: http://www.dietdoctor.com/professor...-association-for-dietitians-show-your-support

It has happened again. Professor Tim Noakes – perhaps the world’s foremost advocates for LCHF for obesity and diabetes – has been reported by the Association for Dietitians in his country.

Support is now pouring out through social media from all the people that have been helped by Noakes’ advice. A petition was started a day ago and is rapidly growing towards 7,500 signatures. Consider showing your support too – it only takes half a minute:

Support Prof Tim Noakes in his quest to improve eating guidelines

Professor Tim Noakes has in recent years become one of the world’s foremost advocate for updated sensible dietary advice. After he developed type 2 diabetes himself, he completely reconsidered his previous recommendation on starchy foods.

He now recommends some carbohydrate restriction for most people, and an LCHF diet for people with obesity and type 2 diabetes or similar conditions.

In his native South Africa, where Professor Noakes is hugely popular, LCHF has become very big in recent years thanks to him. His book has topped all sales charts for months (Professor Noakes donates all of his income from book sales to charity). Noakes was also a co-organizer for the world’s biggest LCHF conference in February.

Now Professor Noakes has encountered problems. A tweet from him a few weeks ago was apparently so upsetting for some people that the association of dietetics has filed a complaint against him with the Department of Health. Noakes replied to a question from a mother that it was good to let children eat foods low in carbohydrates, moderate in protein and with high nutritional content (which seems quite reasonable to me). It will now be investigated by the Department of Health if this made Professor Noakes guilty of “shameful behavior on social media.”

Support is pouring out on Twitter under the hashtag #WeSupportProfessorTimNoakes (there are a huge number of success stories to read here). And now a petition has been started. In the first 24 hours it passed 3,000 signatures and now on the second day it already passed 6,000. Let’s show our support too for Professor Noakes in his fight and push the petition forward. Sign here, it only takes half a minute:

Support Prof Tim Noakes in his quest to improve eating guidelines:
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petitio...s_quest_to_improve_eating_guidelines/?tTpEcjb

Reactions: 18 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Done,glad to add support.

Also asked my younger brother in Australia to sign in his support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Done.. Glad to support

Steve50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
politics, religion, intolerance
Done - thanks for posting this Indy51

uart

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Noakes replied to a question from a mother that it was good to let children eat foods low in carbohydrates, moderate in protein and with high nutritional content (which seems quite reasonable to me).

Yes, that seems quite reasonable to me too Indy. I'll definitely support him.

BTW. Does anyone have a copy of Noakes reply to the given tweet verbatim? Or is "it is good to let children eat foods low in carbohydrates, moderate in protein and with high nutritional content" already verbatim (I've heard him speak and those do sounds like his words). In which case yes it is 100% a reasonable proposition in my opinion.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope most low carbers will be moved to sign this. Tim Noakes has helped so many of us.

Reactions: 4 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Approval (temporarily) given with this thread .
However anyone with any health issues or concerns etc.
Please do ask and check first with your GP .

This Professors advice and conduct is being investigated currently .
Thread is under report and will be looked into by Admin .

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Thanks Indy, done - now at over 10,500

Reactions: 4 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Signed and posted to Facebook. 10,600 now.
I feel just as strongly about this as a baby food issue. We should not be feeding this industrialised **** to infants.

Reactions: 10 people