No sugar chocolate?

CR741

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hey, i was just wondering if no sugar chocolate is the same as labelled 'diabetic chocolate.' i know that you shouldn't have diabetic foods as it has the same amount of transfats and a heap of sweetener, so i was wondering if no sugar chocolate was the same. it probably is...

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Do you have a product name as I'm not sure what you mean by no sugar chocolate, all I can find referenced is no added sugar chocolate?

I would say look at what the nutritional information lists the carbohydrates as.

CR741

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
ahh yes...it may be reduced sugar. so there is no chocolate sugar free then? i was just wondering...

Kathleen Mc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It can be confusing but just remember that lactose found in milk is a form of sugar so unless you go for the really horrible dark chocolate than there will always be a certain amount of lactose in the chocolate.
i like dark chocolate (bournville etc) so thought i'd go for the 80% dark chocolate rather than diabetic chocolate - and it's vile!!!

i have heard that you should go for a good quality normal choc and just have a couple of squares at a time. my prob is that i'd want more than 2 squares!!!!

jaykay

My son made me a chocolate mousse tonight with no sugar ( or substitute ) and no cream. Just chocolate, eggs and fresh orange juice. It was yummy and only about 8 grams of carbs! I'll try and remember to post it in recipes. :)

Reactions: 2 people

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
sainsburys make a no added sugar chocolate, alsomarshmallows, werthers make sugar free hard candy as in their tradional werthers sweets.

Mabele73

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Once in a while I treat myself to sugar free chocolate, biscuits, etc. They are not bad.
Many thanks,
Mabele73

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My son made me a chocolate mousse tonight with no sugar ( or substitute ) and no cream. Just chocolate, eggs and fresh orange juice. It was yummy and only about 8 grams of carbs! I'll try and remember to post it in recipes. :)
I'm glad you found chocolate mousse, easy to make, few carbs and full of chocolate... it's a mainstay for pudding round here.