Diabetes ----- No More !!!!

Steam Engineer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Saw my doctor this morning and was told that I had basically reversed my type 2 diabetes and that now I would no longer be classed as diabetic.
The surgery will still require to check my blood glucose levels every six months or yearly.
Advised to still stick to the diet and the exercise class and to keep up the good work.
Since start of October last year, I have lowered my weight from 17st 13lbs to 14st 1lb., my BMI dropped from 33 to 26,now average weekly blood glucose 5.3, three monthly reading 5.6, HbA1c 38, and blood pressure 129 / 75.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations .. its great when things go to plan :cat:

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't take it as an excuse to backslide. If you had the will power to do what you have done then you can keep going in the right direction.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well done and congrats :)

Best wishes RRB

Steam Engineer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all the encouraging comments, I started something so I intend to see it through to the end. Anyway now looking at changing my wardrobe as I have gone from XXL to L in shirt sizes, some of my present wardrobe are like bell tents when I am wearing them now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Roytaylorjasonfunglover

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Saw my doctor this morning and was told that I had basically reversed my type 2 diabetes and that now I would no longer be classed as diabetic.
The surgery will still require to check my blood glucose levels every six months or yearly.
Advised to still stick to the diet and the exercise class and to keep up the good work.
Since start of October last year, I have lowered my weight from 17st 13lbs to 14st 1lb., my BMI dropped from 33 to 26,now average weekly blood glucose 5.3, three monthly reading 5.6, HbA1c 38, and blood pressure 129 / 75.

Congratulations! Where you told that this is a progressive chronic disease by your doctor, or did he say it was reversible through weightloss? Congratulations, you are an inspiring story!

Reactions: 2 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many congratulations; all your effort has paid off and now you can enjoy not being diabetic with a slight relaxation of the diet. You are an inspiration to us all.

livinabox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
being forced to work with 5 other diseases.
please tell about the diet as iv gone vegan for the last 7 months. regards steve in Luton

Steam Engineer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
please tell about the diet as iv gone vegan for the last 7 months. regards steve in Luton
If you look at what I posted under "Lose Weight" in forum "Weight Loss and Dieting" you will find what I wrote to Cratat.

Protea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
High carb food. Processed food. Any cold drinks.
Great!! Keep up the good work. Went to an optician today. Eyes OK. Tightened up my diet a little.
Lost a little weight to 69Kg and have a morning blood glucose level of 6.0. Never on medications and get my own strips
so perhaps not an official diabetic but know that a couple of hot X buns over Easter plus chocolate eggs raised my
morning level to over 8. You are really successful. Keep it up!!

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@Steam Engineer

Congratulations. Well done. With the wind in the right direction I hope to be joining you soon. Weighed myself on scales this morning off 58lbs. BMI now 23.6.. Great work on your part..

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello Steam Engineer, all the congratulations to you and the success you have achieved, also to @living-by-the -beach, congratulations to you also, I have got a tiny achievement in 10kgs lost since January 2014 till April 2015, but still got a fair way to go, and by February 2016 have to have losst a further 20kgs, so that I can have my knee replacements done..... well I will dream and try hard.

To all who have achieved their goals in diabetes control and great weight loss, brilliant you have spurred me on, thank you,...ttfn from Karen.

Reactions: 4 people

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Steam Engineer, all the congratulations to you and the success you have achieved, also to @living-by-the -beach, congratulations to you also, I have got a tiny achievement in 10kgs lost since January 2014 till April 2015, but still got a fair way to go, and by February 2016 have to have losst a further 20kgs, so that I can have my knee replacements done..... well I will dream and try hard.

To all who have achieved their goals in diabetes control and great weight loss, brilliant you have spurred me on, thank you,...ttfn from Karen.

@Scouser58 I've been following some of Dr Jason Fung's thoughts (search thru diabetes.co.uk) and I usually "Break the fast" around 11-12am if not later.. I have found this to be helpful to me..

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Morning Living-by-the-beach, will look into this, thank you, from Karen.

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was told yesterday by a nurse that my blood sugar level was 5.7 and that is better than some non diabetics. She reckoned I could relax a little. Because I actually enjoy what I am eating now then an extra apple or nuts will satisfy me but going back to my old eating habits. NO

Reactions: 4 people

munday1932

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cold weather.People who criticize my town but don't help to make it better.Please can I go back to me user name which is Kentish maid
I have also been told I have reversed my diabetes but as my doctor said we both know you are a diabetic just carry on as normal it helped with my travel health insurance as I did.'t pay so much.

noodlebonce

Hello,
I adopted a vegan diet last September and I'm doing very well on it. How are you getting on?
I went on it to try to relieve the peripheral neuropathy in my feet. In the process I steadily shed a stone and a half so far - it's now tailed off to about half a pound a week but still going in the right direction. The weight loss was by default though - it was my feet that were my main concern, as my Dad had the same thing before he was diagnosed with type2.
At the time of posting my foot problem has virtually disappeared - if it was 100% at its worst, it's now under 5%. It has worked for me.
My diet is low fat and includes totally unrefined carbs, so I have not been hungry with this approach.
I use Ceylon cinnamon on porridge, fruit etc. I'm not ruthlessly vegan inasmuch as I eat Quorn (has a bit of egg albumin in it), but I stick to it apart from that and am very happy with the results. Hope it works for you and Good luck.