2014/15 Football Season

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Congratulations to Bournemouth the Championship winners.Good luck in the Premiership lads hope its a great season for you :)

Leeds and Rotherham have drawn.
Ipswich and Brentford snatched the last 2 play off spots.

Still no play at Bloomfield road

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations to Bournemouth the Championship winners.Good luck in the Premiership lads hope its a great season for you :)

Leeds and Rotherham have drawn.
Ipswich and Brentford snatched the last 2 play off spots.

Still no play at Bloomfield road
Come on Brentford! (I have a soft spot for them; when I first graduated, the (then) future Mrs hay-char and I lived in South Ealing*, not far from Griffin Park).

*Well; I say South Ealing: that's what the estate agents called it, but I reckon it was more like North Brentford, tbh :)

Reactions: 2 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK; so I got the 2 goals bit right but didn't realise that Sunderland were going to score them, and Saints would only get 1.

This kind of thing is why we're not likely to be playing in Europe next season, and why we will get all our decent players nicked - again - in the summer transfer window. :mad:

Doh! :(

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Aa@aaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh. That was horrible today! Same old same old, rubbish! Another set piece conceded goal! I think about 2 shots on target for Rovers! Awful season! Can't wait for next season! @aaaaaaaaaaagggvgvvghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK; so I got the 2 goals bit right but didn't realise that Sunderland were going to score them, and Saints would only get 1.

This kind of thing is why we're not likely to be playing in Europe next season, and why we will get all our decent players nicked - again - in the summer transfer window. :mad:

Doh! :(
Just watched the game on telly. Looks to me (and to all the pundits on MOTD) like JW-P's "foul" wasn't deliberate and his sending off seems very harsh in the circumstances, so I hope that the Ref makes it clear that he was in error and that there shouldn't be a ban, when he makes his match report.

You win some, you lose some and Saints have won their fair share but it's tough when the call goes against a young, talented guy, who already has a reputation as a fair, clean player. Hopefully he will shrug it off.....

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meanwhile the Blackpool saga still rumbles on. Town chief executive Nigel Clibbens says the integrity of the competition has to be protected and he’s spot on – because if Blackpool get away with it and Town aren’t compensated properly then supporters will be on pitches up and down the country on a regular basis.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Off we go with the final day of League 1 matches about to kick off. Who's gunna join Bristol city in the Championship its between Preston and MK Dons. Meanwhile at the other end a scrap goes on between 6 teams for the other 3 relegation places Yeovil having already gone down.

Meanwhile in the Prem Chelsea kick off at 1:30pm and a win would see them lifting the title.

Late news MK Dons have just scored and moved in to 2nd place

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thats it over Bristol City and MK Dons promoted
Yeovil,Leyton Orient,Crawley and Notts County down and hows this next one for a score

Bristol City 8 Walsall 2 what a cracker eh :D

Chelsea 0 Crystal Palace 0 after 40 mins come on Chelsea

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yep well done Chelsea.
At the other end it looks like Burnley and QPR are all but relegated. Cant see any of them escaping now. Sunderland however can escape easily

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Arsenal are cruising. Looks like another champions league for the gooners!!

Well today I attended Prenton Park for a real legend of ours. Ian 'pepe' Goodison.
It was really good to see the great Jamaican legend. It was a privilege to see who was there and who came to honour him.
As well as a lot of Rovers players from recent years, there was some Jamaican legends including Frank Sinclair, Ricardo Fuller, Ricardo Gardener, Marcus Gayle, Deon Burton, Darren Byfield, Rudy Austin, Michael Johnson and Daryll Powell. Fabrice Muamba, kicked off and played 5 minutes. There would have been others but obviously there was club commitments and others like Usain Bolt who wanted to be there to honour him but he was competing last night.
There was a half time draw for autographed t shirts from Usain and Ian but no luck there!

Really enjoyed it.

Reactions: 7 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
First the good news!

Rovers have a new manager, local lad Gary Brabin. I hope he has what it takes for us to be competitive!

Now, the bad news!

My youth team lost their final, we outplayed the opposition, we had more chances, but we didn't take them. Played without our goalie (banned) and our top goalscorer (injured) and had really no luck tonight!

Gutted!

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
First the good news!

Rovers have a new manager, local lad Gary Brabin. I hope he has what it takes for us to be competitive!

Now, the bad news!

My youth team lost their final, we outplayed the opposition, we had more chances, but we didn't take them. Played without our goalie (banned) and our top goalscorer (injured) and had really no luck tonight!

Gutted!

Congrats on the new manager.Hope he gets you back in to the football league. :)

Sorry to hear about the youth team loosing :(

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
Trying to get tickets for Saturday play off semi against the yellas

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good luck to Sheff Utd tonight hope you win.

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
I have a soft spot for Tranmere cos they were always a team whose eesults I looked out forcas a kid (we all had one of those random teams right?).

Plus when my son was 5 he was picked to take part in a penalty shootout, junior lions v Prenton pups. He was the youngest on the pitch at the New Den and scored all his 3 penalties.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a soft spot for Tranmere cos they were always a team whose eesults I looked out forcas a kid (we all had one of those random teams right?).

... also, they need to be go back up as soon as possible, because thousands of pub quizmasters will be unable to use the question "Name 3 Liverpudlian Football League teams" next season :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My predictions for winners of the Play Offs Championship Middlesboro League 1 Sheff Utd and League 2 Southend

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
... also, they need to be go back up as soon as possible, because thousands of pub quizmasters will be unable to use the question "Name 3 Liverpudlian Football League teams" next season :)
We are not Liverpudlian!

Do not be mistaken,
Do not be misled,
We are not scousers,
We are from Birkenhead!

That is a reply to all the stupid scouse songs that apply to 'those' over the water, which are chanted regularly against us!

If you said Merseysiders, then you would have been correct.

Reactions: 5 people