Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well my normal carb intake is between 300/ 400g and I can even have 300g and lose weight I've never really done low carbs before .The 80g I had yesterday certainly reduced my BG readings during the day but I was hungry from diner time onwards .It will be easier for me today to eat a better choice of food because I'm home and I can also exercise between meals .So I'll see how it goes over the nxt few days / weeks .Its about trial and probably lots of errors to find what suits :)

It does depend on how your personal insulin sensitivity is but 300g of carbs is basically a full-on high carb diet if you ask me. My feeling is that to reduce carbs strategically one should consider the ketogenic path. There is an introductory phase of a few days which is challenging but once you are past that your body will be in ketosis and getting most of its energy from fat rather than carbs. Most people report a brighter an more agile mind (the brain responds well to ketone body energy) and a lot less hunger between meals. Most, though not all, also report a marked improvement in cholesterol and other blood lipid markers and there is some evidence that the near elimination of carbs can help with other common ailments related to tissue inflammatiohn. While many associate Ketogenic diets with the aim of weight loss you can also do a maintenance ketogenic diet. And of course it's great if you are trying to control your BG.

Reactions: 9 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
5.1 Tuesday AM
5.1 before sleep Tuesday
5.1 on waking Wednesday

Think my meter may be stuck!

Reactions: 20 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
3.7 and feeling pretty bad. Ran 7 miles yesterday, and after 6 on Sunday and 4 on Monday I have overdone it. Just had a banana for the first time since Dec to give me a boost.
No 'like'.... :( You must take better care honey.... If you are running you need protein and fat - and a few carbs - Don't let yourself get too low... I hope you feel better soon... Steak, salad and a small twice-baked potato will bring you back... followed by a slice of lemon almond cake with cream.... :)

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

3.7 and feeling pretty bad. Ran 7 miles yesterday, and after 6 on Sunday and 4 on Monday I have overdone it. Just had a banana for the first time since Dec to give me a boost.
Speedy recovery..... Take care not to overdo it

Reactions: 4 people

chris270181

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 working on standby this week so bed at 4am up at 10.45 was eating late maybe the reason for it been higher than usual. Checked after getting ready an a coffee 6.1 o_O

Reactions: 17 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 working on standby this week so bed at 4am up at 10.45 was eating late maybe the reason for it been higher than usual. Checked after getting ready an a coffee 6.1 o_O

Reading your sig, if you are voluntarily monitoring your BG methodically then your doctor should not be objecting to you trying not to use medication. If that happened to me I would ask for a second opinion.

Reactions: 5 people

chris270181

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading your sig, if you are voluntarily monitoring your BG methodically then your doctor should not be objecting to you trying not to use medication. If that happened to me I would ask for a second opinion.
Thanks , I do have an appointment on Monday so going to have a stern word with them .:jimlad:

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 10 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Your liver loves you Chris... :)

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.