FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i didnt get though before they closed just back in country today.

ive ordered another one anyway becuse it will always get used, but i plan to ring in the morning about a new one. how are they normally for replacing? will they need me to send that one back or anything?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i didnt get though before they closed just back in country today.

ive ordered another one anyway becuse it will always get used, but i plan to ring in the morning about a new one. how are they normally for replacing? will they need me to send that one back or anything?
They will send prepaid packaging with the replacement sensor

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Glad i Brought it back with me! it really took a good peice of my arm with it trying to take the **** thing off when it was new though!

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
My replacement scanner order is "on hold" no email about it or anything. My sensor ends in 2 days :(
Spoke to them earlier and they are replacing my iffy sensor, although that is " on hold " as well???? Not looking promising

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Mine is showing as picked now :)
Just checked and mine is too :)
I am still using the inaccurate sensor as it is showing my trends ok just 2 mmol all the time, which is an issue when your bs is sitting around the 4 mmol mark!!!

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well, this sensor has been a bit rubbish in terms of alignment with bg. For the past two weeks it has been consistently 1.5-2 mmol/l higher than bg readings. Fortunately I discovered this early and due to going on holiday, had to keep using it.

The result? My bg control has been as good as it is with a more accurate sensor. I have simply had to bg test a couple of times a day to calibrate (in my head) the sensor. With these things it is definitely the trend and graph that are the benefit and not the absolute readings. As I found yesterday with my falling off the LC wagon pizza hut visit. I was still seeing my bg trying to push up 6 hrs after eating!

Reactions: 3 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, this sensor has been a bit rubbish in terms of alignment with bg. For the past two weeks it has been consistently 1.5-2 mmol/l higher than bg readings. Fortunately I discovered this early and due to going on holiday, had to keep using it.

The result? My bg control has been as good as it is with a more accurate sensor. I have simply had to bg test a couple of times a day to calibrate (in my head) the sensor. With these things it is definitely the trend and graph that are the benefit and not the absolute readings. As I found yesterday with my falling off the LC wagon pizza hut visit. I was still seeing my bg trying to push up 6 hrs after eating!

Very true. As long as they are out consistently and not random :)

Reactions: 4 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just realised! As of tomorrow 11am I will have to be sensor free until I get my new scanner! Prob good to have a few days off as this one has itched a little and randomly hurts my arm when I lay on it

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've put my latest sensor on my upper thigh. Seems to be accurate but I accidentally pulled on it and there's now a constant aching feeling around the area. Any opinions on whether I should take it off? Worried if it could be doing any harm.

Also, my last sensor on my arm has left a nasty red rash. It's not at all itchy or painful - any tips for what I can use on it?

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried E45 initially & once the rash was gone Bio-oil, but found the next one cleared up more quickly by just using Vaseline on it. The rash definately healed more quickly.

Reactions: 2 people