Well - just back from Docs

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
and that's another 4kg gone :).

Converting to old money since 13 March 15 I've lost 1stone 2lbs, following LCFF. I'm not sure why but it really does work, incredible. I've a loooong way to go but I can't go back now.

Ohh and I asked about the HbA1C test - I've never had one done, so I've asked for that and cholesterol to be done in my nurse appointment in June - onwards and downwards :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

Phlogiston

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, ofsted inspectors, uninvited phonecalls
Well done. Stick with it.
(or even... Pooh Stick with it!)

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Great result. Why are you surprised the LCFF diet worked; it's obvious:). The newly diagnosed should really have an Hba1C done after 3 months and then at least annually after that.

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know Daibell I should have had more faith lol. I guess all that low fat nonsense really stuck in my brain.

I thought the doc would have done an HbA1C test at diagnosis, I'll be interested to see the results of that test.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Misspooh interested to know how the doctor diagnosed you as diabetic without an HbA1c.

G

graj0

and that's another 4kg gone :).

I'm not sure why but it really does work, incredible. I've a loooong way to go but I can't go back now.

Excellent, well done, keep it up. You're not sure why? I'm posting this video on a new thread, I found it very informative and easy to understand.

Reactions: 4 people

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well....that's what I was wondering Dawnmc. My initial blood sample tested 12 something (I can't remember exactly and my My Diabetes, My Way account isn't ready yet), while my fasting blood was 9 something, that's it. Even the doctor I saw today said they usually confirm a a fasting blood diagnosis with an HbA1c test...

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't have an hba1c test on diagnosis either - my FBS was 6.5 and my gp said I was glucose intolerant whilst 6 months later the DN told me I was definitely diabetic although I hadn't had another blood test done. Unfortunately it rose when I went onto statins.

MissPooh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't have an hba1c test on diagnosis either - my FBS was 6.5 and my gp said I was glucose intolerant whilst 6 months later the DN told me I was definitely diabetic although I hadn't had another blood test done. Unfortunately it rose when I went onto statins.

Statins can push BG levels up?