New and old

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm new to the forum but have been type 1 for over 40 years my 13 year old son has been diagnosed with type 1 two months ago also my brother and father are type 1 so finding it fairly easy helping my son deal with type 1 but feel that I might be stuck in my ways so thought I'd join the forum just to keep informed.any one else dealing with a teenager with type 1?

Reactions: 2 people

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I'm new to the forum but have been type 1 for over 40 years my 13 year old son has been diagnosed with type 1 two months ago also my brother and father are type 1 so finding it fairly easy helping my son deal with type 1 but feel that I might be stuck in my ways so thought I'd join the forum just to keep informed.any one else dealing with a teenager with type 1?

Hey, never to late to learn new tricks. Welcome to the forum.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome, we are a friendly lot by and large, I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you in your quest, I'm t2 so not much use to you.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

Hi Stuart and welcome.

If you haven't already found them, there is a forum aimed at parents that can be accessed from the front page, you might get more answers on there. (Just a suggestion):)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum Stuart, hope your lad is coming to terms with having diabetes and is managing well.

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome, we are a friendly lot by and large, I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you in your quest, I'm t2 so not much use to you.

Same here, but welcome to the forum. Glad you found us!