Brain food

D1abetterhalf

Hi, this is treading on unchartered waters for me. My wife is battling with the diabetes, not me thankfully.
I have heard of a Dr. in the USA, he writes books on healthy bodies, our brains especially. I have tried to understand his amazing claims which began 30 years ago. My quest started back last September 2012, and working on 5 spices (which help the brain to do its job better) added to my varied diet, (I am 62, slim, and still run around and married). The results are amazing considering that I thought I lived on a good mixed diet. I started with 5 then after 3-4 months I raided the Spice/herb rack of 20! I have breakfast, porridge one day then cereals the next, to this I added a tiny amount of Cumin, Turmeric, Cinnamon Ginger, and Coriander to every day, a total of about 1/2 a teaspoon. The first stage (3-4 months) I noticed my hearing had improved from 10Khz to 13Khz; then my healing of a cut finger healed in just 2 days not 6-7 days. My photography shots are much better after not using my camera for 6 months or so. Reading a book is easier without my spectacles. I can run up steps now without collapsing at the knees. A mens magazine says that eating Spices makes you stronger! Yes!!! There are other things, on long trips (120 miles) I do not get tired, or get cramp so much in my right leg.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just found this and don't know if you are still around but thank you for sharing that. Interesting, I have been adding cinnamon to my diet as it is supposed to be good for diabetics and do take vitamin and mineral supplements but will add those too.
Thanks.