Writing BG Management App

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Version 0.3.2 uploaded to the usual place. Tooltips in the charts now when you hover over points providing the time, reading and for BG readings the necessary conversion between units

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Version 0.3.3 Uploaded to my googledrive (see signature for location). This version now provides a 7 day rolling average for your blood pressure readings so you can see your trends.

There is no change to the database so no need to backup prior to changing from version 0.3.2 to 0.3.3

Reactions: 4 people

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Version 0.3.3 Uploaded to my googledrive (see signature for location). This version now provides a 7 day rolling average for your blood pressure readings so you can see your trends.

There is no change to the database so no need to backup prior to changing from version 0.3.2 to 0.3.3

@Andrew Colvin

Thank you for taking the time to write this application. Its very handy. I may not use it all the time but it will get my doctor off my case! LOL

JM

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@Andrew Colvin

I am trying to add data to this newest version of your app and for the life of me I can't get it to accept the data the way I want to put it in? Does that make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
How do you want to put it in? Please explain what you are doing and what isn't working. If it is a mg/dl instead of mmol/l then do not forget the setting

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you want to put it in? Please explain what you are doing and what isn't working. If it is a mg/dl instead of mmol/l then do not forget the setting

@Andrew Colvin

It looks like a wonderful app. I'm struggling to get the "Fasting" buttons to change so I'll have both "Fasting" checked & Pre-Prandial and I can't "Uncheck" the Fasting? Does that make sense? I can upload a screen shot if need be?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It works out which reading is a fasting one as the first of the day that is at least eight hours since eating. You can't manually set it in that version. If you would like to have an override I can add it

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It works out which reading is a fasting one as the first of the day that is at least eight hours since eating. You can't manually set it in that version. If you would like to have an override I can add it

@Andrew Colvin It may be handy for folks as they migrate from an Excel spreadsheet to your app when putting old data into your application?

One other issue I've run into how to delete an error in an entry? Knowing how to fix that would be cool too.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You should be able to edit the data in the table. For comments, pre flag, foods etc. Right click the entry provides a pop up menu.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh forgot try double clicking the cell you want to edit. You cannot change the date field though

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh forgot try double clicking the cell you want to edit. You cannot change the date field though

@Andrew Colvin

I am loving the app. I am working through my excel spreadsheet to move data over but I'll keep back up for a while in both Excel and your app. I am learning on the fly how to use this .. It will help me see where I am going right and wrong! Big BG this AM too :( !

I'm putting an extra line (or two) in here for blood glucose monitoring application app so if anyone searches for this it will find this string "diabetes application" diabetes monitoring application..

One thing that could be good is being able to leave a comment without reading (as a separate line item) so this application becomes more inclusive of a diabetics daily life too..

Thanks Andrew!

JM

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
OK I may be able to enable that. Need to work out the best approach without new data structures

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK I may be able to enable that. Need to work out the best approach without new data structures

@Andrew Colvin

In the hope this helps.
1) Just loaded today's FBG at 05.58 AM and I can't elect (nor does the app accept) that this is my FBG!
2) Another thing I've noticed is the spacing for the columns for the data could be natively smaller and the columns for Food Exercise & Comment larger ( to accommodate more notes)
3) If one set the widths of the aforementioned columns then when you close the app and start it all over again it goes back to the default again (annoying more than anything else)

I hope these ideas help your development! Have a great holiday weekend..

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @Living-by-the-beach - now that I am back home can you give me a screenie of the window where it isnt selecting the fbg entry as. Need to see the rows before and the one that wouldnt set itself as a fbg entry. send it to me on my profile if you do not want to paste it in here. I can then try and recreate the issue to understand why it isnt working for you

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Living-by-the-beach - now that I am back home can you give me a screenie of the window where it isnt selecting the fbg entry as. Need to see the rows before and the one that wouldnt set itself as a fbg entry. send it to me on my profile if you do not want to paste it in here. I can then try and recreate the issue to understand why it isnt working for you

@Andrew Colvin

Sending it to your email [email protected] will that work?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ok I have fixed a bug with timezones and the dates and fasting entry changing. please download version 0.3.4 from the normal location. No backup required.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have uploaded version 0.3.5 to my google drive. There is a database upgrade with this version so please back up your database folder before running this version.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-z_UPs-Jl8aY2JSbTQ3ZlBldmc/view?usp=sharing

This version allows you to force an entry as a fasting entry by selecting rows and right clicking and select set as fasting. You can also clear them the same way. Forced fastings are painted with a yellow background. These settings are saved to the database and restored on start up.

You can select the time zone that the application operates in (default is the local time zone of the PC). This setting is saved and restored through shutdowns and restarts. The menu tells you which is currently selected.

Bugs and feedback appreciated...

upload_2015-5-31_17-0-59.png

upload_2015-5-31_17-2-39.png

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have uploaded version 0.3.5 to my google drive. There is a database upgrade with this version so please back up your database folder before running this version.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-z_UPs-Jl8aY2JSbTQ3ZlBldmc/view?usp=sharing

This version allows you to force an entry as a fasting entry by selecting rows and right clicking and select set as fasting. You can also clear them the same way. Forced fastings are painted with a yellow background. These settings are saved to the database and restored on start up.

You can select the time zone that the application operates in (default is the local time zone of the PC). This setting is saved and restored through shutdowns and restarts. The menu tells you which is currently selected.

Bugs and feedback appreciated...

View attachment 13571

View attachment 13572

@Andrew Colvin

Silly question typically where is the (or database name) database located on a Windows 7 / 8 machine? Would you have any clue? I really want to get this Blood Glucose management application working well on my notebook as I'm taking my notebook (& thus this application) into my recalcitrant doctor in a couple of weeks.

On another issue (yet related) is there a particular way one uninstalls 0.3.3 jar / 0.3.4 jar to install 0.3.5 jar?

Thanks again for the support! BTW its a great app!

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
database is in a folder called BGDB which should be in your "home" - run a search for it. There is a post early on that says where it is. You do not need to uninstall; just delete the old one and use the new one. Each file is completely self contained and has everything it requires inside the jar file

Reactions: 2 people